Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Welcome To The New Lounge :)

Im sorry to say this guys, but i really liked it how it was.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #32
    RGX's Avatar Unstoppable
    Ok, when I first saw this i was pissed off at yet another change, but its ok, we can adapt, I can set a favorite entry to "The Chat Bar" so i dont have to go through the bloody menu system, but please can we have the chat bar renamed to The Lounge? For many members the chat bar was the lounge, and essentially the lounge was designed for chat and off-topic talk, so please can we have a name change?

Thanks for listening 7th

3. The Drawing Room   -   #33
    Poster
    Originally posted by RGX@16 February 2004 - 13:39
    Ok, when I first saw this i was pissed off at yet another change, but its ok, we can adapt, I can set a favorite entry to "The Chat Bar" so i dont have to go through the bloody menu system, but please can we have the chat bar renamed to The Lounge? For many members the chat bar was the lounge, and essentially the lounge was designed for chat and off-topic talk, so please can we have a name change?

Thanks for listening 7th
    There is a direct link (front page) to both forums

Nothing changed for you - it's one click.

About the "lounge name" - simply suggest it in the name poll and I'll add it.

Marc

4. The Drawing Room   -   #34
    internet.news
    Originally posted by FuNkY CaPrIcOrN+16 February 2004 - 08:20--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (FuNkY CaPrIcOrN @ 16 February 2004 - 08:20)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-&#091;B
    [O][T],16 February 2004 - 02:18] Let&#39;s wait and see what happends

BOT
    Ohhh trust me.....I am.Anything to liven this place up.When 7th changed the Skin and front page last week that was real fun watching all the Chaos.

[/b][/quote]
    Good point, bot - Bot, you know I find your character nice

But last changes - although I am opened - makes me feeling the place will
    not be furthermore the same when I joined it and due to many new stricter
    rules no open thoughts would be allowed.

First I was thinking that is because the Board Server has not enough space,
    but many little points makes me thinking and feeling... sad things.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #35
    Skillian's Avatar T H F C f a n BT Rep: +1
    OK, excellent idea, this has been needed for a while, very pleased it&#39;s been done.

There&#39;s off topic posting and then there&#39;s OFF TOPIC posting - I&#39;m glad the two are seperated. Good call.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #36
    Poster
    I feel so compelled to create a new topic in the "serious" lounge, but I can&#39;t think of anything to post.

I am not sure if some of my topics are too serious for the Chat Bar, yet not serious enough for the "New Lounge".

It is like being a pubescent teen at an amusement park. Too tall for the kiddie rides, but not tall enough for the big rides.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #37
    BANNED
    Its not a lounge if you have to stick to serious conversation i wanna relax not be worried im gonna be put under moderation or something because someone else doesn&#39;t take it seriously

8. The Drawing Room   -   #38
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    @7th-

I hear ya about how you are fixing the problem but these problems were NOT here before.
    You say you disabled post counts for 2 weeks and nobody noticed but there ARE people that post and spam in general to get "5 stars". Whether you cut&#39;em off temporarily or not they understood them to count so that&#39;s part of the problem.
    I was one for getting rid of post counts in the topic areas.

But one fact is definitely true. All this spamming was not here before (not to this degree) and it is a direct correlation to counting posts in the Lounge or whatever it&#39;s called now.

I know you like change. You even had a poll about Friendworld. but good lord man, I hear folks saying, "I like the changes" then later say this is fucked up.
    Adding a new world every week or putting a band-aid on a problem does not fix it.

Use common sense...many of you don&#39;t now what a free for all is.

I recommend the "old lounge" be called

Chaos
    Mayhem
    Looters
    Riots
    or simply Free-For-All

@evildon- A Sportsworld should not be in World Events.

btw- I don&#39;t even know why posts count in Lounge. That wasn&#39;t even a suggestion by a member. A mod or admin came up with that. I think that was before 7th though.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

9. The Drawing Room   -   #39
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    i like the idea of a place for serious discussions, i like the world news place and if this lounge does stay on course for other none the less serious issues then i am all for it.
    I would say to the people that made this site that you do a very good job and to the people that complain ...well you don&#39;t have to come here, if you can do better i suggest you do it yourself.
    i did post an idea in the chat bar....a real chat room. This would mean a lot of hard work for the developers but i am sure if properly run it would be a thrashing success. I do realise that it would often turn into a childish flaming area, but as i said properly run it could work.
    good job keeping the old lounge running as sometimes a bit of spoiling spam can be amusing.
    Thank you for running an entertaining and well produced site

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #40
    Nightwolf's Avatar Old Guy
    Maybe this new SPAM-Lounge should also be merged with Funny Stuff. I know I&#39;m not the only one who&#39;s guilty of posting funny pictures or videos in the Lounge, simply because I forgot we had a Funny Stuff forum.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast