Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "the New Definition Of Spam"

i had this guy pegged as a wacko months ago. what kind of sane, self-respecting male watches "touched by an angel" and talks like a chapter out of a new age sissy self-help book that's been run through two or three cruddy online translators before finally arriving on the k-lite forum?

2. The Drawing Room   -   #22
    Originally posted by masta.z@16 February 2004 - 16:19
    the whole point in the lounge was a place to have a laugh and not take anything seriously... not for serious topics
    And that is exactly why this Talk Club isn't a bad idea.
    I always disliked,if not hated,the fact that when a serious topic was started in the lounge it would get a reply like "The lounge is a place where we won't take anything serious,so even if you start a serious thread,we will just hijack it or make stupid,"funny",useless remarks that have nothing to do with what you're talking about."The only people that might have had a change to start of a serious thread in the lounge,and keep it serious and on-topic were the 'regulars'.This is how I see it ofcourse,and I've seen this happen quite a few times.
    So I really think this new section is a good thing.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #23
    Originally posted by samsamsamsam@16 February 2004 - 15:28
    A "World News and Events" but not about World News and Events?
    no..like i pointed out in another post along time ago...soem events are not world news or news period just serious or even semi serious issues or things to discuss...like my lfriend having MD...not a world thing but others might have some answers hints..tips on how to deal with it or on-line games that she may enjoy..or web-sites for her to look at...or if a users wants to seriously discuss religion...science etc..none of these are world events or news...just serious or philosophical stuff mostly...

4. The Drawing Room   -   #24
    Originally posted by evildon+17 February 2004 - 21:37--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (evildon &#064; 17 February 2004 - 21:37)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-samsamsamsam@16 February 1996 - 15:28
    A "World News and Events" but not about World News and Events?
    no..like i pointed out in another post along time ago...soem events are not world news or news period just serious or even semi serious issues or things to discuss...like my lfriend having MD...not a world thing but others might have some answers hints..tips on how to deal with it or on-line games that she may enjoy..or web-sites for her to look at...or if a users wants to seriously discuss religion...science etc..none of these are world events or news...just serious or philosophical stuff mostly...[/b][/quote]
    Yeah - I see what you mean althoguh I did make that post 8 years ago

This place will probably take off after a couple of weeks

5. The Drawing Room   -   #25
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    I thought this world would have a few topics by now...all we do have are some moved topics, two spam topics by Canuk and one by Netweiner that have yet to be moved and a few topics about this new lounge.

C&#39;mon people I want to try this serious thing out...but you&#39;ll have to lead the way...

edit: Oh and a quite good game that should have been posted in the lounge where more people could see it.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #26
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Originally posted by Withcheese@17 February 2004 - 20:46
    I thought this world would have a few topics by now...all we do have are some moved topics, two spam topics by Canuk and one by Netweiner that have yet to be moved and a few topics about this new lounge.

C&#39;mon people I want to try this serious thing out...but you&#39;ll have to lead the way...

edit: Oh and a quite good game that should have been posted in the lounge where more people could see it.
    I thought it was a good idea (Talk Club) as well but I also thought that:

1. There were only a small number of people "screwing" the Lounge up anyway.

2. The Lounge should have been moderated like it used to. Allowing thread hijacking and ubiquitous spamming wasn&#39;t tolerated before.........so what now it is ......in the Lounge. That&#39;s still weird but I&#39;ll buy it since there is this Talk Club.

What it comes down to is that a small number of members hijacked the Lounge and admin gave in and gave it to them.

Very interesting.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

7. The Drawing Room   -   #27
    BANNED
    My reply and some of the ones above mine, ARE spam

100 points

8. The Drawing Room   -   #28
    Originally posted by Busyman@18 February 2004 - 02:09

What it comes down to is that some people didn&#39;t treat it so seriously and had fun yet still contributed and the admin apreciated that but set up another world with different rules for wingy little people like me &nbsp;

Very interesting.
    I agree

9. The Drawing Room   -   #29
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Originally posted by samsamsamsam+17 February 2004 - 23:27--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (samsamsamsam @ 17 February 2004 - 23:27)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Busyman@18 February 2004 - 02:09

What it comes down to is that a small number of members hijacked the Lounge and admin gave in and gave it to them.&nbsp;

Very interesting.
    I disagree [/b][/quote]
    I&#39;m sorry to hear that since you were one of the main spammers if not THE spam king.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

10. The Drawing Room   -   #30
    *Grunt*
    The way people are going on these days there might as well be a spam world.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast