Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jews Threaten To Crucify Mel Gibson

bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    It is a load of rubbish. He is just advertizing the sequel.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

2. Lounge   -   #12
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    I think Mel is safe for the moment.

His dad has taken some of the flak following less than diplomatic comments about the holocaust and the guy who wrote the above article has essentially volunteered to go top of the list.
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

3. Lounge   -   #13
    I do believe the Jews did crucify Jesus and claimed full responsibility upon them and their children. But I also believe modern Jews speak truthfully when they say, "We did not crucify Him." This becomes apparent if you know your history. Specifically the events surrounding A.D. 70, when the Romans destroyed Jerusalem. Many of the Jews by then had killed each other off while they were surrounded. The rest of them were either destroyed by Titus’ troops or taken into captivity, and the records they needed to prove their heritage were lost forever. After that, they had - for lack of a less offensive word - cross-bred with the nations which had taken them prisoner and the bloodline was forever broken. The Jews today range from white to black to middle eastern, etc, and there is no way they can prove they’re jewish in the first place. For all we know, Mel Gibson could have more jewish blood than, say, Mel Brooks. So Jews are basically getting pissed off at nothing (and so are Anti-Semites for that matter).

4. Lounge   -   #14
    BigBank_Hank's Avatar Move It On Over
    Its really hard to make a historically accurate movie that all religious sides can agree on. From what I have read and heard this seems to be a fairly accurate account of what happened. Accurate according to the gospels at least. From my perspective Mel didn't seem to be crazy during the interview the other night. To me it looked like he was just a very religious person that is passionate about this film. IMO.

So who is going to go see this movie? I haven't quite made up my mind yet.

5. Lounge   -   #15
    atiVidia's Avatar ^would've been cool.
    Originally posted by Ninja Monkey@19 February 2004 - 15:34
    I do believe the Jews did crucify Jesus and claimed full responsibility upon them and their children. But I also believe modern Jews speak truthfully when they say, "We did not crucify Him." This becomes apparent if you know your history. Specifically the events surrounding A.D. 70, when the Romans destroyed Jerusalem. Many of the Jews by then had killed each other off while they were surrounded. The rest of them were either destroyed by Titus’ troops or taken into captivity, and the records they needed to prove their heritage were lost forever. After that, they had - for lack of a less offensive word - cross-bred with the nations which had taken them prisoner and the bloodline was forever broken. The Jews today range from white to black to middle eastern, etc, and there is no way they can prove they’re jewish in the first place. For all we know, Mel Gibson could have more jewish blood than, say, Mel Brooks. So Jews are basically getting pissed off at nothing (and so are Anti-Semites for that matter).
    nice avatar mr. ninja!

6. Lounge   -   #16
    Poster
    I don't think they will. I recon they are all talk, no action. I will only believe them when/if they do it

7. Lounge   -   #17
    jetje's Avatar former star
    Gibson is a member of a fanatic christian goup (according to our news over here a pretty extreme one too).

They can't make an accurate movie cause everything about those days is gossip and talk and a whole lot of believing Nothing wrong with that but why can't people stop disagreeing on details.... No one knows and as long as there are no timetravelling machines we will never know for sure....

imo jesus his father clayed a replica put that back on earth to suffer, while jesus was drinking beer and forgot the time that's why people saw him stumble out of a bar later and made another holy day because of that..... (the resurection of jesus)

amen...

back to the movie, it seems it's a pretty heavy action movie, anyone has a hash file for it

8. Lounge   -   #18
    The avatar was suppose to be Vincent & Jules from Pulp Fiction. I have no idea why it copied as a crappy tripod advertisement. I don't even know what they do, lol. I'm currently trying to change it.

Edit: There we go. I know it still sucks, but anything's better than a crumby tripod ad, lol.

9. Lounge   -   #19
    bujub22's Avatar THE GREAT
    me too i need a new picture too jus can't find a jpg an what not..

10. Lounge   -   #20
    Poster
    damn i love fiction movies

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast