Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mobo

peat moss, i tired firefox's sugestion. and it didn't seem to work. but now it see my ethernet as something its not, how to i get rid of that so i see the yellow question mark again, so i can try your program?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Originally posted by scottwile@20 February 2004 - 13:34
    peat moss, i tired firefox's sugestion. and it didn't seem to work. but now it see my ethernet as something its not, how to i get rid of that so i see the yellow question mark again, so i can try your program?
    Easy friend go back to device manager delete ethernet card or roll back driver for the card and reboot then try UDI.

UDI Will tell you the name, number ,serial, or what ever you what write it down then go to drivers.com. find your driver. http://members.driverguide.com/ums/index.p...69902084v950608

LOGIN drivers

PASSWORD all

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Scott you should be able to use xp drivers tho I'm a little confused either delete network card and reboot or use hardware wizard to install drivers from xp disk. I was helping someone with an win98 issue early on so I wasn't thinking

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    i deleted it and then there just wasn't an ethernet or network connection anymore so i had to go back though and somehow i got it back. but when i got it back, it came back the same as it left, without the yellow question mark. it still has the wrong driver installed. how do i get rid of this?

all my drivers are messed up... sound- 56k modem- ect. is it because i upgraded from hp home to xp pro with out formatting and i am using 30gb of a 120gb drive?
    if i format will it fix driver problems?
    thanks alot for the help

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Well I guess you could format & reinstall thats the easy way out JK sounds like a good idea Scott Remember to back up ! Also reinstall your motherboard drivers after XP install

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Hey Wile, I have a PCI Ethernet Card if you want that
    It would solve your problem about finding drivers for your onboard lan
    but it might be a good idea to format anyway, get rid of some of the garbage on there

Kai
    Q6600 @ 3.42Ghz | Gigabyte EP35-DS3R | EVGA 8800GT 721/1802/2006 w/ Accelero S1 | 4gb Crucial DDR2 @ 760mhz | 750gb Hitachi 7k1000 | Corsair 520HX | 2 x Samsung SyncMaster T240 24" | Windows 7 Ultimate

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12