Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Im About To Do The Big Swap!

atiVidia's Avatar ^would've been cool.
    not always...

ive installed plenty of mobos... when the OS sees the new mobo, it kills the old ones drivers so...

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    It depends a lot on if the same chipset is used or not.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Poster
    awesome responses guys,

thanks alot. To tell you the truth i shouldve had my mobo delivered to me by now!!! lol. I just sed i had it to make things easier...

sweet, so the gigabyte manual will explain it?? thats great. i thort i was going to do it all off memory.

thanks alot.

any other lil tips like reinstalling windows etc. that i should no of?

also if i install a stick of 512mb ddr400 into the motherboard as well as the 2 x 256mb pc2100 that i already have now, .... will that work?? dual channel ? or would that be a problem?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Poster
    oh yeah! one more thing b4 i forget....

when i was working at a computer store for a lil while (for school work exp.) i noticed that the guy was wearing a lil wrist thing.... something to do with the motherboard..

do i have to wear one of those? (i think they are static electricity things that save ya mobo from getting fried or something like that... ???)

can i just install the motherboard and all the components just with my lil phillips screwdriver and my hands?

cheerz

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    RGX's Avatar Unstoppable
    You dont need an anti-static bracelet, but if you've got one put it on. Basically, static electricity kills electrical parts, most often motherboards. To prevent static, ground yourself by touching unpainted case edges with your hands, should prevent you frying anything....try not to touch anything but the edges of the motherboard if you can help it.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Don't use the PC2100 with the PC3200. It will slow it down.

Use just the 512 stick and if you want to use Dual channel then get 2x256 PC3200 or even 2x512 PC3200.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12