Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Depression

Poster
    i got prescribed prozac but the idea of having to take it made me buck my ideas up, and in the end just struggled through it and didnt need medication

but you may be more severly depressed* than i was.

apparently i was stressed so i was put on anti-depressants*
    I survived the great winter 03/04 depression

KLCasualties:
    J'Pol - MIA / internet.news - KIA / Snny - MIA
    Billy_Dean - KIA / <s>fugley - MIA</s> / FuNkY CaPrIcOrN - MIA

Need some time alone?

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #52
    RPerry's Avatar Synergy BT Rep: Bad Rep
    Sorry I didn&#39;t get a chance to respond to this thread when it was started, but I am in the middle of my own problems as well, and don&#39;t have the internet access I have enjoyed for so long.

I had only to read the first post, and even though I had not seen or talked to you in some time, I knew it was you Petri. Been a long time my friend. I have lots of good memories from IRC, most of them including you. We were never able to play a full game of tanks, but the food fight we had was a classic. I often wonder where you got off to, and just seeing your post here brightened my day a bit.
    Keep your head up pal, you have to know that many of us do care about you, and don&#39;t want to see you hurt.

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #53
    sArA's Avatar Ex-Moderatererer
    @Internet News...

Do you think that it is appropriat to ask such intimate questions?

Particularly on a thread set up to support a fellow forum member.

You have attempted to hijack the thread and to turn it into a debate of experiences which is rather missing the point.

Edit by RF:

The remarks Sara is refering to have been removed, although i thnk the comment is still valid for other posts on the thread.

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #54
    sArA's Avatar Ex-Moderatererer
    Thanks RF...Couldn&#39;t agree more

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #55
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    I wish I knew you, Petri.

Everyone here has expressed the kind of respect and feeling for you that many crave; I hope you value that as it merits.

The consensus seems to be you deserve better than you have at the moment, and surely this will come to pass.

I hope you stick around to see what&#39;s on the other side, and I hope to get the chance to know you when you&#39;re up to it.

"Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #56
    Mathea's Avatar The Blonde Alibi BT Rep: +5
    Originally posted by Petri@1 March 2004 - 07:55
    Dammit... I was supposed to do it this morning... but when I woke up, I just knew that I couldn&#39;t. I&#39;m seeing a therapist tomorrow, maybe he can help me... and I&#39;m gonna ask for stronger medication...
    Thank goodness. I emailed you quick tonight.... and I tried to sleep and couldn&#39;t. Tonight is the first time I got to look at this post since it was started, and I want you to know that it can get easier hun.

You have so much to offer life. You&#39;ve touched alot of people&#39;s lives, and I hope you know that you&#39;ve greatly effected mine. You&#39;ve opened my mind and I am blessed to have you as a close friend. You always know how to reach me, and I&#39;m always here for you.

It&#39;s hard, and while everyone has their own problems and experiences, on a human level everyone can relate. While we obviously have had different things, you know I will always listen. Please give it time, because so much can happen when you try. And I know it&#39;s hard for you, but you aren&#39;t alone. Remember, people care about you. Please don&#39;t give up. I have faith in you that you can overcome this. It won&#39;t happen overnight but it will happen. And Petri, someday you will be so happy that you couldnt go through with it. Thank you hun, for being you.

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #57
    RGX's Avatar Unstoppable
    I don&#39;t think we have ever met Petri, but from the sentiments shown in this thread I can see you are a dearly loved person...as people have already mentioned, suicide is a long term solution to a temporary problem...please hang in there, consider those you know, those who value you, you have so much opporunity in front of you, please dont throw it away.

Heres hoping you stick around

Andy

RGX

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #58
    Petri,

I cannot imagine the pain you are experiencing so i will not try and play a game and "convince" you to make a certain decision.

Unfortunately, I did not have the pleasure to know you or remember any of your posts back when I was a more active member.

However, I think I can speak for most of the board members when I say that you are not alone here and we will be there for you if you need any one of us and that we would be very saddened to hear that something has happened to one of our highly respected and valued members.

I wish you luck, strength, and peace

DLE

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #59
    BANNED
    hang in there man, things will get better, you&#39;ll see

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #60
    update?

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast