Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Case Problems/heat/ I Dont Know.

tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by peerzyboy@3 March 2004 - 19:02
    i know .

My mate (who is as thick as pig shit as he looks at computers) susgested that i should take one fan drille four small holes in the side case and have it outside insted of one big grated whole .

um.............. :

after adding my two new blue LCD fans i cant get to sleep now because it glows to bright because iv had to have the case off now.

O is it safe to leave the side panel off of the pc and leave it on for days on end?

Peerzyboy
    we finished our quoting now?

yes its okay to leave the side panel off as long as you dont accidently spill a drink and let it get in or kick the insides or something...or if u have a dog or cat

2. Software & Hardware   -   #32
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by peerzyboy@3 March 2004 - 16:02

after adding my two new blue LCD fans i cant get to sleep now because it glows to bright because iv had to have the case off now.

O is it safe to leave the side panel off of the pc and leave it on for days on end?

Peerzyboy
    Bling-bling has it's price.
    Sleep appears to be yours.

Sure you can leave the sidepanel off indefinitely.
    You should run a bit cooler and it's a very Darwinian method of controlling the cat population.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

3. Software & Hardware   -   #33
    lol i have never put the sides back on my rig since i built it about a year ago , so i would say yes to that

4. Software & Hardware   -   #34
    gd no i dont have a dog or a cat but a 19 year old friend who has the IQ of one. With the case off it hasent crashed/restarted in about 48 hours now however i put the case back on within 15mins, just fucking pissin me off.

Fuck sleep i want some more neon shit! i just read on overclockers i think that u can mod ur mouse to have LCD lights in it .

now i just need to get my head around this hwole 'overclocking' thing. i upped the time by a couple of hours but nothing seems to be running faster :helpsmile: .

Peerzyboy

5. Software & Hardware   -   #35
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by peerzyboy@3 March 2004 - 19:14
    gd no i dont have a dog or a cat but a 19 year old friend who has the IQ of one. With the case off it hasent crashed/restarted in about 48 hours now however i put the case back on within 15mins, just fucking pissin me off.

Fuck sleep i want some more neon shit! i just read on overclockers i think that u can mod ur mouse to have LCD lights in it .

now i just need to get my head around this hwole 'overclocking' thing. i upped the time by a couple of hours but nothing seems to be running faster :helpsmile: .

Peerzyboy
    its been over 20 minutes have you tried upping the vcore yet?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #36
    i had a quick look and im pritty sure its grey'd out because theers a load of temp shit grey;d out and nothing more about temps.

this is some info about my CPU:

CPU Properties
    CPU Type AMD Duron XP, 1659 MHz (6.25 x 265)
    CPU Alias Applebred
    CPU Stepping B0
    L1 Code Cache 64 KB
    L1 Data Cache 64 KB
    L2 Cache 64 KB (On-Die, Full-Speed)

CPU Physical Info
    Package Type 453 Pin PGA
    Package Size 4.95 cm x 4.95 cm
    Process Technology 6Mi, 0.13 um, CMOS, Cu
    Core Voltage 1.5 V
    I/O Voltage 1.6 V
    Typical Power 45.5 - 53.0 W  (depending on clock speed)
    Maximum Power 57.0 W  (depending on clock speed)

CPU Manufacturer
    Company Name Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
    Product Information http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/Produc...,30_118,00.html

CPU Utilization
    CPU #1 3 %

Problems & Suggestions
    Problem Most 3D games run better with at least 256 KB L2 cache.
    i need some sleep now cause its passed midnight here but i'll have a much more detailed look 2moro.

Peerzyboy

7. Software & Hardware   -   #37
    Mïcrösöül°V³'s Avatar Hammer Smashed Face
    as stupid as this may sound........have you checked for a pinched wire somewhere between the case and the cover you are removing? sounds alot like a short. maybe when the cover is attached, it is flexing the case somewhere so as to be touching a powered part of the board, PSU, etc.... I would look..............cuz it dont seem like any cooling issue to me. there seems to be a corelation between the cover and the CPU crashing.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #38
    Originally posted by Mïcrösöül°V³@4 March 2004 - 01:19
    as stupid as this may sound........have you checked for a pinched wire somewhere between the case and the cover you are removing? sounds alot like a short. maybe when the cover is attached, it is flexing the case somewhere so as to be touching a powered part of the board, PSU, etc.... I would look..............cuz it dont seem like any cooling issue to me. there seems to be a corelation between the cover and the CPU crashing.
    no, theres no wires on the way, im not that stupid .

Peerzyboy

9. Software & Hardware   -   #39
    atiVidia's Avatar ^would've been cool.
    Originally posted by Mïcrösöül°V³@3 March 2004 - 20:19
    i sed sumtin similar, but my idea was a mobo short-out...

10. Software & Hardware   -   #40
    Its a brand new mobo and i got some guy from a shop to fit it so i doubt it, im still puzzled tho, it could be a faulty mobo or the v core thingy.

Iv had her running for about 72 hours non stop without the case on perfectly fine.

Peerzyboy

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast