Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Would It Be Possible?

Holy shit.....they're actuall trying it.....

What kind of hard drives you guys have?!

I only got a measley 20 gb hd.....

2. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #32
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    Originally posted by Triadcool@4 March 2004 - 06:48
    You could try using HTTrack on google (http://directory.google.com/ would be better) and set it to go anywere. If you do that tell me how far you gone before you ran out of HD space.
    I am trying that right now, its been going for about an hour and has downloaded over 4,000 sites and files, im going to let it run all night and tomorrow and see if it fills up my 25gb partition.

What site did you start with?
    How many did you get?
    You could sell it in an auction house later titled "a bit of the internet as it was on 4 of March 2004"

3. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #33
    hooked's Avatar booster
    THIS THREAD NEEDS MAJOR

STFU
    love yourself

4. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #34
    Originally posted by Zedaxax+4 March 2004 - 11:04--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Zedaxax @ 4 March 2004 - 11:04)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Triadcool@4 March 2004 - 06:48
    You could try using HTTrack on google (http://directory.google.com/ would be better) and set it to go anywere. If you do that tell me how far you gone before you ran out of HD space.
    I am trying that right now, its been going for about an hour and has downloaded over 4,000 sites and files, im going to let it run all night and tomorrow and see if it fills up my 25gb partition.

What site did you start with?
    How many did you get?
    You could sell it in an auction house later titled "a bit of the internet as it was on 4 of March 2004" [/b][/quote]
    How far have you gone so far? Am interested to see how far someone can go.
    did you change the HTTP user-agent

I knew someone would pull crazy shit like that. :

Someone&#39;s going way over their bandwidth limit...
    You should make sure you have unlimited bandwidth (or one that is higher that then your drive)

5. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #35
    Poster
    NOPE IT WOULD NOT&#33;&#33;

1) That would be like trying to download 100000&#39;s of servers worth of data - not possible.
    2) New websites come and go everyday, far faster than you could ever download them.
    3) How would you ever find the "entire" internet? Many websites may not be listed anywhere.

Also why the heck would you wanna download the entire internet?

6. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #36
    Ok guys I need some help here, I got a couple gigs downloaded and I got THIS error and tells me to use the #L option to download more links or something? How do I do this?
    <span style='color:blue'><span style='font-family:Arial'>Msi ms-6330
    Amd Athlon at 1ghz
    896mb Ram pc-133
    Seagate 80gb 7,200 rpm
    Nvidia Geforce MX 420
    21 inch screen
    MSI 52X32X52 CD-RW (cr52-m)
    SoundBlaster 5.1 mp3+
    Creative Labs 5.1 Speakers
    Xp Pro Sp1</span></span>

7. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #37
    Originally posted by Triadcool@4 March 2004 - 22:57
    Ok guys I need some help here, I got a couple gigs downloaded and I got THIS error and tells me to use the #L option to download more links or something? How do I do this?
    Image Resized
    [img]http://www.chinkii.com/uploads/album/misc/ht.jpg' width='200' height='120' border='0' alt='click for full size view'>

Maximum number of links
    Maximum number of links that can be analyzed, that is, either downloaded, or not downloaded. Do not set a too low limit for that, because once the limit is reached, the engine will stop immediately.
    Do not set a too high limit, too, because it will take some memory.. 100,000 links (default) is generally enough.

Set this value higher. I think this will work.

8. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #38
    Ok I changed that setting and I started downloading again. So far I have ran it for about half an hour and ive downloaded 644mb 17,979 Files and 19,027 Folders. Im going to let it run while I sleep and hopefully everything will go well and itll still be going when I wake up. Ill tell you how far it is in the morning.
    <span style='color:blue'><span style='font-family:Arial'>Msi ms-6330
    Amd Athlon at 1ghz
    896mb Ram pc-133
    Seagate 80gb 7,200 rpm
    Nvidia Geforce MX 420
    21 inch screen
    MSI 52X32X52 CD-RW (cr52-m)
    SoundBlaster 5.1 mp3+
    Creative Labs 5.1 Speakers
    Xp Pro Sp1</span></span>

9. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #39
    Originally posted by Triadcool@5 March 2004 - 04:16
    Ok I changed that setting and I started downloading again. So far I have ran it for about half an hour and ive downloaded 644mb 17,979 Files and 19,027 Folders. Im going to let it run while I sleep and hopefully everything will go well and itll still be going when I wake up. Ill tell you how far it is in the morning.
    thats cool. I know this a bit off topic but what do you use to make your desktop look like that? I wanna to try it.

10. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #40
    i downloaded the entire internet once but i found it was currupt, out of date and mostly irrelevant lol, so i deleted it and read a book instead

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast