Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Recommend A Registry Cleaner ...

Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    I dont know, but alot of reg clean programs screwed up my system.
    The only one that didnt was Norton System Works 2004 NortonWin Doctor, and i use it in the 1 button checkup. It finds alot of bad reg entries left over from junk i uninstalled.

I actually know that Norton's software has some temp files and stuff that it can only work with, because i used a temp file cleaner and the Norton programs all glitched up and stuff. weird.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by Zedaxax@4 March 2004 - 07:50
    win ultra cleaner 2002 ( commonly know as uwclean )
    and i thought i was the only one using it....the interface is hilarious
    I only got Ultra Win Cleaner 2000 (outdated for xp)
    Does 2002 work alot better, because i tried all the stuff from 2000 on my xp system a long time ago (before a few formats) and it screwed everything up.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    uwclean 2002 version 8 works fine for xp, and most others, i have never once had a problem with it on my 5 comps here , they are all xp though

i have noticed a lot of ppl blaming tools like this for stuffups in win 98 and me, when its not the tool but windows that has the problem.

windows 98 can be problematic at the best of times, and when it starts to play up ppl usualy go and grab a cleaning program and try to fix it up ( usualy its too late by then ). Regular maintenance on even a brand new comp will keep the probs at bay

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    BANNED
    Originally posted by AndrewBarker+4 March 2004 - 12:46--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (AndrewBarker @ 4 March 2004 - 12:46)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Skeptic@4 March 2004 - 11:56
    Which Registry cleaner do you use? Trying to find one which will clean up the trash left behind in my registry ...
    I&#39;ve tried quite a few and found jv16 Power Tools to be the best, but you have to know what is safe to delete as the registry is a very delicate place
    http://www.jv16.org/ [/b][/quote]
    And me with regseaker.One of them thou keeps messing around with d-tools,I cant find the entri thats doing it,i hate the prog it sucks.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Originally posted by Wolfmight@4 March 2004 - 08:36
    Norton System Works 2004 NortonWin Doctor, and i use it in the 1 button checkup. It finds alot of bad reg entries left over from junk i uninstalled.

I second Norton System Works 2004 Win Doctor

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    KazaaBoy's Avatar Nothing On The Moon.
    I have Registry Checkup and I think, in my opinion, is the best one. However, without a serial key I can&#39;t get it to scan more. I have been looking for a serial number for ages and the ones I found are useless. I do recommend it but if anyone has the serial key for it, please PM me because this one is so hard to get.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Skeptic's Avatar Poster
    Thanks for all the recommendations ....

Looking at Regseeker atm since it&#39;s free ...

How is its cleaning function compared to RegCleaner? Does it provide more detail etc ...

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    I like regcleaner better just my humble opion tho

http://www.worldstart.com/weekly-download/...-cleaner4.3.htm

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12