Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help...more Sources Always Pops Up.

1. I've tried to configure my router incoming ports etc (this is what you mean by 'IP port-forward?) but I have obviously got it wrong. Sorry to be dense but "standard port-forwarding, port triggers, or DMZ" is confusing the hell out of me.
    I run KLite on both PC's that are connected to the router, often simultaneously; are you saying that they will each have a different incoming K-Lite IP port? Other than going to the routers web page to configure, am I also supposed to do configure something similarly within my PC itself? I hope you're not yet .. I'm just trying to get an understanding of what the hell I have to do.

If I work out how to attach a jpg I'll do so and hopefully someone can see where I've gone wrong. Is probably very obvious to they who know these things!

2. Have d/l&#39;d & will install Kanat and hope that I make sense of >"LAN ip found in KL++ with the real WAN (internet) ip" < . WAN IP is what my true IP address is? (which I have trouble finding *duh sorry* and then am not sure if it&#39;s real or &#39;masked&#39;by my ISP, or whatever. (say&#39;s is 10.0.0.1, or similar, even I know that is fudged)

3. > Disabling any further firewalls in the router < OK, well I thought that&#39;s what 1. above was all about? There&#39;s 2 router issues?? This is looking wrong, but my (pathetic) understanding of this is that my Speedtouch 510 router has an inbuilt firewall that I overide by correctly&#33; configuring K-Lites incoming ports. I have no other software firewalls installed on either W98 PC or the XP PC. Just had a look, & XP&#39;s is unticked .... Can&#39;t be safe?
    Here&#39;s said jpg ...... hopefully&#33; (ok ... apparently not, will have to suss out &#39;how to&#39; )

Lysdexic the Ditzy

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    Poster
    Please, search for EVERYTHING I&#39;ve said about routers on this web forum over the last year. That should be sufficient to answer all your questions.

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    Samurai's Avatar Usenet Fanboy
    WHATEVER you do, do not disable your firewall. If configure properly to give your applications access, you should have no trouble with firewalls.

I recommend Sygate Personal Firewall Pro.

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    If you have a router, do you have to have this KNAT to download? cause I get a lot of msn as well. thanks&#33;

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12