Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Got A Freakin Virus

um no dumbarse , he has gone to symantec nd found the details on the virus he has , if he had a working a/v he WOULD not have got it in the first place

ignorance is no excuse, the reason this p2p is so *edit* up is still even in this day and age we have cowboys that either choose of prefer to ride bareback and take no precautions

security and protection is the responciblilty of every member of this p2p not just a few

if you choose to download and share on any p2p, and do not run a a/v up todate then you are a *edit*, full stop

i make no excuses for my flaming, and suggest that if you do then you are part of the problem.

get an antivirus checker or *edit*, dont like it bad luck

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Poster
    ...Glass tubes all look alike from the inside.
    Not all viruses are actually caught by the software with a 100% success rate you know? I've had a couple slip by the guard before and get tagged a week later.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    if you use the live update and subscribe to symantec web site , you get max 8 hours updates , anyone who waits for wednesdays to update is kidding them self

best bet subscribe to notification, it costs nothing and is quick

i do not presume to expect every a/v checker to catch every virus that is live but we all have a respocibility to do our best to keep it safe

avoid auto update------- update when u need to with live update

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    CornerPocket's Avatar Retired
    Originally posted by delphin460@8 March 2004 - 02:26
    the real answer here is get a fucking working virus checker on your puter and stop being a retard leech that helps spread these viruses in the first place
    If you cannot post constructively, I suggest you do not post at all!
    "8-ball Corner Pocket"

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Poster
    Originally posted by Project E-01@8 March 2004 - 09:33
    Not all viruses are actually caught by the software with a 100% success rate you know? I've had a couple slip by the guard before and get tagged a week later.
    You obviously haven't heard of NOD32.

Kazaa Corruption Fixer --> Fix any corrupted CD image, archive, or video file you've downloaded with Kazaa.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    krome's Avatar triplesix clubhouse
    always try to fight the virus, do alot of search on it, if the virus scanner gives out the name, do as the rest of the post said... and try not to open any more attachments and other files your not sure about running ... cracks and other exe files u may download alot, 98% of the time they infected , always beat the virus... unless you get infected with one of those boot sectors on bios virus like the WIN.CIH virus those you gotta reformat to factory you cant even backup anything.. or you still have the virus in floopy and cd... goodluck~

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    And turn off that uesless System restore ! Before removing Virus. B)

Here's a site to explain a little better about live update and such.
    http://www.msb.edu/training/virus/norton/

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    Heh, it would also be prudent to create another profile with admin priveleges and drop your normal one to a standard user.
    That way you won't be able to fuck up system files. You'll have to log in to the admin profile to install anything, but it's a small price to pay.
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    Originally posted by delphin460@8 March 2004 - 13:47
    if you use the live update and subscribe to symantec web site , you get max 8 hours updates , anyone who waits for wednesdays to update is kidding them self

best bet subscribe to notification, it costs nothing and is quick

i do not presume to expect every a/v checker to catch every virus that is live but we all have a respocibility to do our best to keep it safe

avoid auto update------- update when u need to with live update
    delphin, according to your use of the english language i have to say that your about 8 year old who just heard the word "fuck" while your dad was shouting to your other dad to fuck him.

Now for all the other guys who posted replies, thx, i juss resolved problem thx ^_^

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    Originally posted by krome@8 March 2004 - 20:20
    goodluck~   
    ban him

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast