Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Got My New Hard Drive

It'll be perfectly fine.
    Im gonna go steal a stick of 512 from the pc in the other room It'll add alot more to my 256
    Need a cheap/easy way of modding your xbox? Check this out.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    BANNED
    Originally posted by SingaBoiy@9 March 2004 - 15:25
    It'll be perfectly fine.
    Im gonna go steal a stick of 512 from the pc in the other room It'll add alot more to my 256
    lol kk

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by SingaBoiy@9 March 2004 - 07:25
    It'll be perfectly fine.
    Indeed.
    To be precise, it will add 512 more.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Originally posted by clocker+9 March 2004 - 06:44--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (clocker @ 9 March 2004 - 06:44)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-SingaBoiy@9 March 2004 - 07:25
    It&#39;ll be perfectly fine.
    Im gonna go steal a stick of 512 from the pc in the other room It&#39;ll add alot more to my 256
    Indeed.
    To be precise, it will add 512 more. [/b][/quote]
    LOL i was saying it will add alot more to my 256 already installed. Put my system to crappy for it so i added a 256 and took out 1 128 for a total of 384
    Need a cheap/easy way of modding your xbox? Check this out.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    lynx's Avatar .
    I&#39;m surprised no one else has spotted this.

You&#39;ve got the wrong sort of interface cable. The one you&#39;ve got is a 40-pin 40-wire cable which does not support Ultra Ata 66 and above. You should have got a 40-pin 80-wire cable which does support Ultra Ata 66 and better. It means you will be limited to a maximum of 33MB/s transfer rates as opposed to 100MB/s or even 133MB/s.

Also, if you fitted the disk the other way up you should be able to fasten it in with proper mounting screws. Or it the problem that your power lead doesn&#39;t reach?

I only mentioned about moving it back simply for looks and to avoid accidental knocks and spills directly affecting the disk.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by lynx@9 March 2004 - 16:11
    I&#39;m surprised no one else has spotted this.

You&#39;ve got the wrong sort of interface cable. The one you&#39;ve got is a 40-pin 40-wire cable which does not support Ultra Ata 66 and above. You should have got a 40-pin 80-wire cable which does support Ultra Ata 66 and better. It means you will be limited to a maximum of 33MB/s transfer rates as opposed to 100MB/s or even 133MB/s.

Also, if you fitted the disk the other way up you should be able to fasten it in with proper mounting screws. Or it the problem that your power lead doesn&#39;t reach?

I only mentioned about moving it back simply for looks and to avoid accidental knocks and spills directly affecting the disk.
    those cables dont look any different than the ones I use...does that mean im using 40 pin wires too?

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Yea I have the same cables to?
    <span style='color:blue'><span style='font-family:Arial'>Msi ms-6330
    Amd Athlon at 1ghz
    896mb Ram pc-133
    Seagate 80gb 7,200 rpm
    Nvidia Geforce MX 420
    21 inch screen
    MSI 52X32X52 CD-RW (cr52-m)
    SoundBlaster 5.1 mp3+
    Creative Labs 5.1 Speakers
    Xp Pro Sp1</span></span>

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    BANNED
    i got a new wire for it from firstec (www.firstec.co.uk) shop in ma town.
    the power lead didnt read so i had to do that. will it damage the drive with it been up side down. since when i got my pc the hard drive is on its side.

EDIT: when i was in stalling the hard drive i ripped the wire but i got a new one.
    how did u know what wire i had nd stuff?

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    lynx's Avatar .
    Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004+9 March 2004 - 21:15--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ROSSCO_2004 @ 9 March 2004 - 21:15)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> those cables dont look any different than the ones I use...does that mean im using 40 pin wires too? [/b]

Dunno, count them.
    Originally posted by Triadcool@9 March 2004 - 23:05
    &nbsp; Yea I have the same cables to?
    Count them.
    <!--QuoteBegin-gungrave
    @10 March 2004 - 11:25
    the power lead didnt read so i had to do that. will it damage the drive with it been up side down. since when i got my pc the hard drive is on its side.

EDIT: when i was in stalling the hard drive i ripped the wire but i got a new one.
    [/quote]
    It won&#39;t damage the drive, but the other way up it will probably line up with the screw holes.

You posted a picture, it looked like a 40-wire cable so I counted them.
    I was in Stockport yesterday, I could have popped over to Wilmslow and sorted it out for you if I&#39;d known.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    BANNED
    Originally posted by lynx+10 March 2004 - 18:48--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (lynx @ 10 March 2004 - 18:48)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004@9 March 2004 - 21:15
    those cables dont look any different than the ones I use...does that mean im using 40 pin wires too?
    Dunno, count them.
    Originally posted by Triadcool@9 March 2004 - 23:05
    &nbsp; Yea I have the same cables to?
    Count them.
    <!--QuoteBegin-gungrave
    @10 March 2004 - 11:25

It won&#39;t damage the drive, but the other way up it will probably line up with the screw holes.

You posted a picture, it looked like a 40-wire cable so I counted them.
    I was in Stockport yesterday, I could have popped over to Wilmslow and sorted it out for you if I&#39;d known. [/b][/quote]
    where about u live stockport?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast