Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Subtitles

me again, l've opened the file and have got a couple of icons ie:help a subtitle grabber icon and some jpeg icons which show you how to use the file, and that's about it there's no actual program to start running like boxes to say sutitles are wanted in english etc. sorry to be such a nusiance

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    Originally posted by jessica9@19 March 2004 - 12:16
    me again, l've opened the file and have got a couple of icons ie:help a subtitle grabber icon and some jpeg icons which show you how to use the file, and that's about it there's no actual program to start running like boxes to say sutitles are wanted in english etc. sorry to be such a nusiance
    Do you have Java Virtual Machine installed ? Get it HERE

To use it, just download it and then :

1.      unzip the file

2.      double clic on “subtitle grabber.exe”

READ CAREFULLY

First thing you should see is the program.  If it is not so, you have to install a free program called Java Virtual Machine

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    Samurai's Avatar Usenet Fanboy
    I downloaded a Thai action flick about a month ago and needed subtitles to know what was going on... I wasn't sure what to do either until I selected the film itself and the subtitles together and pressed enter. Worked perfectly. Simple, I know, but maybe it's worth a shot.

Also, perhaps you need a codec pack, like the Kazaa Codec Pack.

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    h1
    That subtitle grabber doesn't work in winex (I don't have a Windows computer), so I can't help you.

The only things I can think of are using the latest version, installing the Java VM, or installing codec packs.

Mega Codec Pack 2.24f
    SLD Codec Pack 1.53

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    Thanks all for your patience with me l have got the sutitles l needed,but how do l get them onto the movie can anyone help and l promise to leave you all alone!

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    Poster
    If you want to write them onto the movie use virtualdub.

You might need to acquire some subtitle software to convert and/or write them to the movie file. Try Vosub and Srttossa.

If you are playing the movie on your PC put the sub file in the same folder as your movie.

If you are writing to DVD I can't help - sorry!
    DOWNLOADING IS FUN - SHARING IS SUBLIME
    When all else fails - read the instructions!!!
    LEEDS UNITED - WE'LL BE BACK

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12