Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Racism

Originally posted by hobbes@11 March 2004 - 05:17
    True story:

I was down at the gas station getting a refill tonight.

This black guy was hanging out, just outside the store.

When I came out of the store, this white guy came up to the black guy and said "Yo dude, what are you doin' here?"

"What's it to you, dog?"

"Nothin' bitch"

"Hey, here he comes"

"Cool, lets go."

So the white guy, black guy and the approaching hispanic guy walk off together, laughing and punching one another as men tend to do.

I thought, this "melting pot" thing is working.

Pardon my attitude, but this really enforces my belief that people are people.

Racism is for the insecure. This sort of thing really does inspire me.

I think this forum is a venue for all of us "foreigners" to get to know each other a little better.
    i dont get it

2. Lounge   -   #12
    RGX's Avatar Unstoppable
    Originally posted by ghetto_gurl+11 March 2004 - 14:30--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ghetto_gurl @ 11 March 2004 - 14:30)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-hobbes@11 March 2004 - 05:17
    True story:

I was down at the gas station getting a refill tonight.

This black guy was hanging out, just outside the store.

When I came out of the store, this white guy came up to the black guy and said "Yo dude, what are you doin&#39; here?"

"What&#39;s it to you, dog?"

"Nothin&#39; bitch"

"Hey, here he comes"

"Cool, lets go."

So the white guy, black guy and the approaching hispanic guy walk off together, laughing and punching one another as men tend to do.

I thought, this "melting pot" thing is working.

Pardon my attitude, but this really enforces my belief that people are people.

Racism is for the insecure.&nbsp; This sort of thing really does inspire me.

I think this forum is a venue for all of us "foreigners" to get to know each other a little better.
    i dont get it [/b][/quote]
    Thats because theres nothing to get. Just a statement about society.

3. Lounge   -   #13
    i get ya

4. Lounge   -   #14
    Poster
    Originally posted by ghetto_gurl@11 March 2004 - 14:36
    i get ya
    No Ya dont,

5. Lounge   -   #15
    Poster
    Sorry about that

6. Lounge   -   #16
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Just so, Hobbes.

I&#39;ve been aware for a long time the dynamic does not in any way resemble the rhetoric.

I have never had a "racial" experience, and I&#39;ve had enough opportunities to judge things fairly.

Why is only the inflammatory extremism deemed newsworthy?

Those who worship the memory of Dr. King (and demand everyone do likewise) seem to have no recollection whatsoever of his message.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

7. Lounge   -   #17
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    I would tend to agree that racism feeds off not direct experience but rather scare stories.

There was a wonderful cartoon in the Glasgow Herald the other day regarding a rise in racist attacks.

A newspaper seller is holding a tabloid aloft and shouting " Rise in attacks on refugees - read all about it"

The headline on the tabloid says " Bogus Asylum Scroungers Swamp Casaulty Depts."

I thought it had a nice touch.
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

8. Lounge   -   #18
    hobbes

I like your story, but long for the day that you would not even think to post it. Any more than you would think of posting, I saw three chaps chatting at the garage earlier.

Then we will have reached the goal. (Just thought I would mix a metaphor or two, in the spirit of the thread).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12