Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Web Server Software

h1
    What exactly are you having trouble with? Apache is very easy to set up and the tutorials on their site are the best.

2. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #12
    Poster
    Originally posted by browser@12 March 2004 - 11:24
    (A question on an unrelated subject.....is there an HTML (tag/code/whatever) that makes the text you type in appear as ***** in the text box?)
    Might be a little late, but I think this is what you were asking about:
    Code:
    <input type=password>
    Don't get me wrong, haxor41789's way is pretty inventive too.
    Kazaa Corruption Fixer --> Fix any corrupted CD image, archive, or video file you've downloaded with Kazaa.

3. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #13
    h1
    Damn it!

And I was sitting there thinking he was talking about textareas.

4. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #14
    Poster
    well if i d/l Apache 2.0.48-the latest version from httpd.apache.org, after installing i get a block box coming up saying it can't find Apache 2 file. It says read the error and press escape. Then it says successfully installed. I couldn't find any easy tutorials on their site though

5. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #15
    You can try using Uniform Server which uses apache.

Features:

Apache2
    PHP 4
    MySQL 4
    PERL 5
    The smallest size with full functionality.
    You could also try Abyss Web Server which is more user friendly.

Abyss Web Server X1 is a free personal web server available for Windows, MacOS X, Linux, and FreeBSD operating systems.
    Despite its tiny footprint (for example, the executable file size of the Windows version is less than 112 KB); it supports HTTP/1.1, dynamic content generation through CGI/1.1 scripts, Server Side Includes (SSI), custom error pages, and user access control (HTTP authentication/password protected files).
    It features also a remote web management interface that makes its configuration as easy as browsing a web site.

6. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #16
    Poster
    well i installed the Apache server from httpd.apache.org and now it says "Running all Apache services" (which is Apache 2). I also registered with DNS4Me which basically points to my IP address. This means that when I type it in i should get to a page which says Apache has been successfully installed (according to a tutorial). However when I go to that page I get a page that says my KF Web Server is running. KF Webserver is a server I tried and then uninstalled but why is it still showing?

7. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #17
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Originally posted by browser@13 March 2004 - 18:39
    well i installed the Apache server from httpd.apache.org and now it says "Running all Apache services" (which is Apache 2). I also registered with DNS4Me which basically points to my IP address. This means that when I type it in i should get to a page which says Apache has been successfully installed (according to a tutorial). However when I go to that page I get a page that says my KF Web Server is running. KF Webserver is a server I tried and then uninstalled but why is it still showing?
    I know nothing about kf webserver but it's possible the service is still running on your box.

If your on xp try going to:

Start -->run--->(type in)services.msc and see if you see a kf web server or something in the list.

If so then disable it and/or set it to manual startup. I know for a fact that's where win32 apache services is.

Then make sure apache is running all services and then go to localhost to see if the default apache page appears.

8. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #18
    Poster
    KF Server was not running in services but now when i go to localhost, i get the default apache page. But when I go to the DNS domain I still get the KF message. I tried typing in my IP address by itself and i get the default Apache page

edit: I configured the Apache server during installation for my DNS client using a tutorial from the DNS client site

9. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #19
    Poster
    A couple of questions about the Apache server. How can i upload files to my Apache server and if I want to give others a chance to host their site on my server, what do i need to do?

10. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #20
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Originally posted by browser@15 March 2004 - 11:49
    A couple of questions about the Apache server. How can i upload files to my Apache server and if I want to give others a chance to host their site on my server, what do i need to do?
    To host other sites you need to set them up as virtual host

As for uploading, I really did not understand your question but all files and docs you want to serve should go into your \htdocs directory.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast