Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Inability To Download Plentiful Files

Nada, changing settings/bandwith didn't work, lowering firewall didn't work arrgghh.
    Switek.. maybe I can request remote assistance from you? I trust you being a sr member and all If you can connect to me somehow just to see what I'm talking about.. send me a pm if you can. Also you might have to guide me... I've never
    requested remote assistance before.
    "Our greatest accomplishment in life is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall"

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    Okaaayyy, now it's strange... I'm getting more than 3 uploaders, and at slower speeds... like before, I might've fixed something that didn't "click" in until just now... I just don't know how I did it... I'll see what happens tomorrow. (This isn't the first time I was able to fix it.. but then it gets screwed up again... I'm not setting my hopes too high this time.) I'll wait till Norton automatic updates me again, then I'll see.. wish me luck
    "Our greatest accomplishment in life is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall"

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    I'm having the exact same problem. It's neven happened before.

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    h1
    They could be aborting because they only requested a small amount from you.

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    Originally posted by haxor41789@18 March 2004 - 04:46
    They could be aborting because they only requested a small amount from you.
    No, it's not that... I wish it was that simple It's Norton 2004. This didn't start happening until right after I installed it. I know it's Norton, has to be. Read my post, 4th(?) post down.. I know it's long... etc. I'm famous for writing long posts Uploaders are instantly getting aborted getting no bytes at all. I'm going to hold out until my subscription is up with Norton, if they don't "fix" the problem,
    I'm not renewing it next year. I can understand in a way why Norton is so obsessed with their firewall being so agressive... I think it's for the customers who aren't too familiar with firewalls, and if they try to change it on their own... the updates from Norton changes their settings automatically. But guess what? I'm familiar with firewalls... I don't want my settings changed! I might just send their customers service dept. a letter about this problem as a last resort. If that doesn't work, I'm switching to another at the end of the year.

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    Originally posted by Sesshoumaru--sama@18 March 2004 - 03:18
    I'm having the exact same problem. It's neven happened before.
    B) A comrade huh... hang in there... we'll figure this out

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    Poster
    Try preventing Norton's firewall from loading on boot-up (using START, Run MSCONFIG.EXE -- startup tab) and test KL++ that way.

Re-enable Norton's firewall if that doesn't help.

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    I don't have a firewall and I only have this problem with Sopranos episodes.

9. File Sharing   -   #19
    Poster
    Originally posted by CocoColaNut@17 March 2004 - 15:53
    Switek.. maybe I can request remote assistance from you? I trust you being a sr member and all If you can connect to me somehow just to see what I'm talking about.. send me a pm if you can. Also you might have to guide me... I've never requested remote assistance before.
    Kazaa Lite doesn't really HAVE remote assistance.
    Finding someone on Kazaa can be VERY difficult -- even IMPOSSIBLE if both users are firewalled.
    I don't run Kazaa Lite much anymore -- I haven't run it at all for about 2 weeks and only briefly in the previous 2-week stretch.

10. File Sharing   -   #20
    Well I finally was able to down load all 3 episodes from this season, I was on vacation for a week although.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12