Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wolf 3d

Poster
    I can't tell you all I did was put the files into the games folder then hit NewWolf.exe everything went fine this is on a 64 meg nVidva P4,sorry.

Edit:
    Sorry I was wrong was using the no saved version yes this one does have a problem with openGL,like 3RA1N1AC as said maybe another about off a hunting if I find will post.
    You know like many others I HAD this but can't seem to find it anymore story of my life this.

2. Games   -   #22
    Originally posted by Ariel_001@20 March 2004 - 07:07
    I tryed this but it really buggy. Graphic of the splash screen, menus and the end game screen are mess. HUD is kind of messed too. And I can’t play the last level (it thinks it shareware but it is really full version)

If you can run this perfectly then you have to tell me how. B)   
    it's been a long time since i used it, but i'm pretty sure that there were at least two different openGL mods for Wolf3D, and NewWolf worked just fine for me with the full versions of Wolf and Spear Of Destiny. maybe it works better with some graphics drivers than with others.

as Ariel_001 said, VDMSound should work too. or you can use a DOS emulator like DOSBox, which runs lots of DOS games really well in 2000/XP.

3. Games   -   #23
    Bowen747x's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by cwctv@20 March 2004 - 07:03
    Tell me who started this off Oh yeah thanks Bowen747x.
    ty but i was only posting 4 my own benifit

well i have found the full version after some long searching and it has aboslutely no sound problems
    im runnin winxp and everything is fine. im going 2 post it on suprnova.org shortly so check there 4 it

EDIT: i also found an alpha version w/ slightly better graphics/sound but its only the the shareware ver
    tYiA

4. Games   -   #24
    are you sure the sound is working correctly?

as far as i know, if you play Wolf3D in Win2000/XP without any emulators or mods, the beep-beep-beep sound effects play through the motherboard speaker, but you miss out on the music and higher quality sounds.

edit: oh. i found this on a wolfenstein forum. "My new copy of wlod 3d that came with rtcw:goty works with all the sound effects and music on win xp with my SB audigy, so it may be the SB live it has problems with. I play it thru the dos prompt, and it works with sound and all, its version 1.9, and I dont use any source ports or launchers like i have to for doom or quake, it just works, lol " by "dos prompt" he must be referring to the WinXP command line, which is sort of an incomplete DOS emulator. if this is true, then i stand corrected.

5. Games   -   #25
    Originally posted by 3RA1N1AC@21 March 2004 - 03:47
    but i'm pretty sure that there were at least two different openGL mods for Wolf3D
    Do you have a link for other wolf 3d mods. The only one I know is wolf3D.

6. Games   -   #26
    this is WolfGL-- http://wolfgl.sourceforge.net/

this is NewWolf-- http://wolfgl.narod.ru/

they are two different GL mods for Wolf3D. NewWolf was originally called WolfGL, but the author changed its name because the people making the other WolfGL asked him to.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123