Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

Thread: Is It Ok To Be Wrong.

Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Originally posted by Wizard_Mon1+16 March 2004 - 12:43--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Wizard_Mon1 @ 16 March 2004 - 12:43)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by Busyman+16 March 2004 - 04:36--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Busyman &#064; 16 March 2004 - 04:36)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by hobbes@15 March 2004 - 23:59
    <!--QuoteBegin-Busyman
    @15 March 2004 - 04:28
    Alot of people have tremendous egos and being wrong gets in the way.

I&#39;ve noticed college students and alumni are the ones that have a problem with being wrong. They have had their heads buried in books and this is their outlet to skeet their knowledge upon us poor souls.

I see it not just on here but among my friends with their Master&#39;s degree&#39;s (I did not finish btw).

The lot of them lack some common sense or yet claim there is no such thing because it has not been proven.

The irony that someone who believes in an unknowable God and pretends to know what he wants, is giving me lectures on "common sense" is almost more than I can bear.

I put stock in things which can be reproducibly duplicated, which is rather logical.

For things that are merely speculation, with many conflicting opinions, I hestitate to put my eggs in one basket, and take a more, wait and see attitude. I have never said "God" was impossible, he is surely a possibility as we ARE here, but to pretend that I know him is ridiculous.
    Who was talking about you? First and foremost, before trying to "bear" something in the first place make sure you are individually being addressed.

If you feel the shoe fits, so be it.

Obviously things that have not been proven are up for debate and that&#39;s good.
    Whatever you are on about with this God diatribe....well.... let me in on it.

<!--QuoteBegin-hobbes

I have never said "God" was impossible, he is surely a possibility as we ARE here, but to pretend that I know him is ridiculous
    And I never said you said God was impossible. [/b][/quote]
    Busy, i think that post by hobbes was directed straight at my head, albeit in defence of of what he thought you were posting about.

/me ducks. (Get it, ducks.)

Almost more than i can bear
    LMFAO

Well, i am sorry for burdening your supierior mind.

All i was saying was similar to what you have been saying and that is you can&#39;t be sure, i might have direct experience of an &#39;unknowable&#39; god and you wouldn&#39;t know it, you would, however, continue to argue that i couldn&#39;t because it doesn&#39;t fit into your world view.

There are differing views, you so adamently stand by and publish your views, i am just doing the same, standing by my views. I think that is fair. But if it is more than you can bear...

I apologise if i have interperted your post wrongly but it sounded like it was directed at me, so i replyed. [/b][/quote]
    Well he quoted me not you, Wiz.

Did I catch a stray bullet meant for you Mon?
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

2. Lounge   -   #72
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Always remember the old adage. &#39;The man that never made a mistake, never made anything&#39;. B)
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678