Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Check Disk

Poster
    If you do not want to check the drive anymore at boot time.
    chkntfs/x C:\

btw: I don't recommend you use this command, because windows ony checks your drive if the drive have problems, lost data, or corrupted files, so it's usefull. Anyways, you can diable it at your very own risk.
    Click the longhorn icon to visit my website.
    <span style='color:blue'><span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'> You try Everything in my/our post(s) at YOUR own risk. I/we do not take responsibily for damages, caused by the post(s). Clicking on/or modifying anything in here is not permitted. Whoever edits my sig is a pussy.</span></span>

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Mr. Blunt's Avatar n00b
    Originally posted by peat moss@17 March 2004 - 20:33
    With me its because windows didn&#39;t shut down properly.
    Yeah, same here. I only get it when I accidently turn off my surge protector or something. Not at every single boot-up.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    its a glitch with XP that comes up sometimes...ive had that one a few times.

is ur hard disk formatted in fat32 or NTFS??? if it is fat32 i recomend u convert it to NTFS because with NTFS when u improperly shutdown it doesnt ahve to run checkdisk, so here is how to convert:

click start>run>tpye &#39;cmd&#39;>now type &#39;convert X: /fs:ntfs&#39; (change X to whatever drive letter u need to convert)

example: if I wanted to convert my C: drive (with operating system) i would type convert C: /fs:ntfs then press enter, and it will then ask if you&#39;re sure and say you will need to restart to convert.

do this to all drives and partitions.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Open my computer, right click on the c drive, properties, tools, error checking - check now, check both automatic fix file and scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors. Click start, go make a coffee and watch.

Second thought leave it on all nite if you have too and go to bed I sat in front of mine for two hours watching it fix error&#39;s but it worked for me . Or you can repave your harddrive and try again but it sounds like you have a problem, Registry or disk corrupption.? Harddrive failing ? Its what I would try . Just my opion tho

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Poster
    i have ntfs but it honly happenes like once a moth cause its on a "sheduel". so should i disable it?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004@18 March 2004 - 23:16

is ur hard disk formatted in fat32 or NTFS??? if it is fat32 i recomend u convert it to NTFS because with NTFS when u improperly shutdown it doesnt ahve to run checkdisk,
    so that&#39;s y my disk never does checking. is that bad or good?

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Poster
    Originally posted by supersonic@19 March 2004 - 03:50
    chkntfs/x C:&#092;

btw: I don&#39;t recommend you use this command, because windows ony checks your drive if the drive have problems, lost data, or corrupted files, so it&#39;s usefull. Anyways, you can diable it at your very own risk.
    it says the drive in ntfs so i dont think it worked.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by 3223+19 March 2004 - 19:44--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (3223 @ 19 March 2004 - 19:44)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-supersonic@19 March 2004 - 03:50

btw: I don&#39;t recommend you use this command, because windows ony checks your drive if the drive have problems, lost data, or corrupted files, so it&#39;s usefull. Anyways, you can diable it at your very own risk.
    it says the drive in ntfs so i dont think it worked. [/b][/quote]
    try going to control panel>scheduled tasks and see if there are any there that relate.

I suppose it&#39;s good. I have NTFS and I love that it never has to scan...

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    Poster
    Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004+20 March 2004 - 00:56--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ROSSCO_2004 @ 20 March 2004 - 00:56)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by 3223@19 March 2004 - 19:44
    <!--QuoteBegin-supersonic
    @19 March 2004 - 03:50

it says the drive in ntfs so i dont think it worked.
    try going to control panel>scheduled tasks and see if there are any there that relate.

I suppose it&#39;s good. I have NTFS and I love that it never has to scan... [/b][/quote]
    nope nothing in there

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    Poster
    help plz

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast