Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A Message To The Mods

hooked's Avatar booster
    Originally posted by Adster+18 March 2004 - 14:31--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Adster @ 18 March 2004 - 14:31)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by hooked@19 March 2004 - 00:20
    <!--QuoteBegin-delphin460
    @18 March 2004 - 11:32
    dear mods

i realy like this forum, and the help we can all get here but is there any way you can seperate the lounge board from the view new posts, as its mostly spam and isnt realy help for anyone except for those that want to get their stars quick

im not against free speach , but most newbies here get so confused by all the spam they cant find the topics they are after and end up asking the same questions over and over again

(thanks for this; due to this topic my postcount goes up 1)

wtf ? is going on in ppl mind when they decide to add a thread like yours.

this board contains many different forums . . .

viewe new posts and don&#39;t open the lounge posts

again wtf is wrong with that . . . .do you want anybody from here to make you a cup of teas with a cookie as well ?????

luv ya&#39;ll &#33;

Can you make me one please? [/b][/quote]
    tea&#39;s ready SIR &#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

cookie is inside
    love yourself

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #22
    lol another great question , you know who i was talking to , "cornerpocket" . way to get another post adster&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

ok end of topic we had all had a say , some agree and some disagree, and so it should be , but lets not decide that change is not good or for the better

and besides all, hey its all fun after all and a way for us all to have our say

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #23
    hooked's Avatar booster
    Originally posted by delphin460@18 March 2004 - 15:03
    lol another great question , you know who i was talking to , cornerpocket . way to get another post adster&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;
    hehe . . you can say that agani
    love yourself

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #24
    CornerPocket's Avatar Retired
    Originally posted by delphin460@18 March 2004 - 08:03
    ok end of topic we had all had a&nbsp; say , some agree and some disagree, and so it should be , but lets not decide that change is not good or for the better

Couldn&#39;t have said it better myself. :beerchug:
    "8-ball Corner Pocket"

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #25
    hooked's Avatar booster
    Originally posted by delphin460@18 March 2004 - 15:03
    ok end of topic we had all had a say , some agree and some disagree, and so it should be , but lets not decide that change is not good or for the better

so basically u can consider this topic as a one to raise YOUR post count
    love yourself

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #26
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    Originally posted by delphin460@18 March 2004 - 15:25
    argh , its the whole point when you click VIEW NEW POSTS 70% are lounge posts, need i say more
    Do you reckon that would have anything to do with the fact that the lounge is probably the busiest section the forum?

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #27
    vivitron 15's Avatar Poster
    i actually think that the original idea was a good one - i visit this forum and another one maybe 2-4 times per day, and take a look around.

in the other forum i just use the View new posts button, and see whats goin on, but i dont on this one, cos i have no intention to visit the lounge at all, and the posts get in the way...it isnt that much of a problem, just i have to go through each section seperately (more sections=more time spent scrolling through)

so if it were possible to get a system of "view new non-offtopic posts" then id be well happy.
    <insert signature here>

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #28
    vivitron 15's Avatar Poster
    ok, been thinking about this one - try using this link (bookmark it)

https://filesharingtalk.com/index.php?act=S...what+where+when

it is an advanced search in all forums except offtrack for a string of 4 letter words such as what when etc, which will most likely be in every thread. if you wanna add words to it, go ahead, play with it.

it isnt exactly what you asked for originally, and prob isnt ideal, but if you set this, and in your "My controls" set "number of posts to display" high, then it might act as kind of a replacement. i have only briefly tried it, so not entirely sure about it
    <insert signature here>

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #29
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Originally posted by danb+18 March 2004 - 10:55--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (danb &#064; 18 March 2004 - 10:55)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-delphin460@18 March 2004 - 15:25
    argh , its the whole point when you click VIEW NEW POSTS 70% are lounge posts, need i say more
    Do you reckon that would have anything to do with the fact that the lounge is probably the busiest section the forum? [/b][/quote]
    Yea but half of thoose are meaningless, frivilous topics.

Don&#39;t get me wrong, I like the lounge. I think it&#39;s a great place to hang out and relax.

But sometimes, I think the lounge is used or should I say abused and mistaken for a spam haven. And thoose of you that do this know who you are.

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #30
    jetje's Avatar former star
    postcount...????? What postcount...

who cares about that nowadays, to all that does... let it float.....
    new people probably even don&#39;t know it excists

@delphin460, i do understand your question and can understand why you ask...
    my guess that in your case if the lounge post bother too much you better not use the view new posts, but just visit the sections your interested in....

And well, maybe 7th has a great idea about this. B)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast