Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Wut Happens When We Die

kAb's Avatar Poster
    it'd be nice to think that it goes off and floats somewhere. but i doubt it.

perhaps somebody could develop a computer to track your brain's electric currents and duplicate them in the exact way to replicate your brain, and then upload your brains memories into the computer and live forever.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    people cry & miss you

Klite Clan : <span style='color:purple'> [ThE_Def-EndERS]</span>
    [Clan Site]

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    Poster
    Originally posted by CoolMac@22 March 2004 - 00:24
    i believe that when everyone dies,we all go to a place like heaven,only that there there&#39;s no greed,anger or anything like that.I mean look at all the religions,they all have something real bad.
    Life is only one,you gotta live it,try to enjoy every moment of your existence...
    ohh, only you made sense so far.
    and I&#39;m going to tell you something interesting.

I&#39;ve posted a thread about buddhism here before, but I didn&#39;t really know much about it, I&#39;ve been learning Buddhism for about half a month now, I&#39;ve learned at least the basic things of buddhism. buddhism is generally misconceived to be a blind faith like the other religions, but it&#39;s completely different than the other religons , one distintict difference is there is no god in buddhism. unlike other religions, buddhism doens&#39;t tell people to worship god or anything, buddha tells everyone to question buddhism before they actually learn it or believe it. this difference means buddhism is trying to help people to find the truth about everything, other religions are only telling you to have faith in something or you will be regret. which religion will you choose, you wanna know the truth or just wanna believe in something?

buddhism is not really a religion coz you don&#39;t have to go to church or temple, you can just read sutra like reading others science books, I found there is nothing wrong(at least the part related to science) in buddhism, the only thing you need is your intellegence to understand it, coz many things you cannot understand by using normal human thinking(includes genius&#39, buddha says there is no wisdom in human being, he doesn&#39;t mean human cannot think, but just most human cannot escape habitual thinking state, for example, I&#39;ve mentioned the smallest particle is nothing, how can you imagine nothing consititute everything in this world?it&#39;s the emptiness buddha&#39;s talking about and it&#39;s the wisdom buddha talking about.if you are not fully enlighted, you will never understand it.

buddhas doesn&#39;t call themselves spirit or soul they called themselve a state of mind which is enlighted or awaken. It&#39;s kinda like spirit or soul. when humans are proud of their intelligence comparing to animal, but aren&#39;t they missing something? it&#39;s who creates you? if you don&#39;t know this, why you are ignoring the truth? in other words, human beings were created by nature or human beings naturally exist and the science is created by human, who&#39;s smarter, nature or human? probably human can learn some truths by science in the next million years, but why don&#39;t we learn the nature directly? and now you don&#39;t have to discover it by yourself, buddhism can guide you.

most of the human live like an animal, they born, live and die and never know the truth of nature. human being cannot see all the six realms in this universe(not only the universe we can see): Hell, Hungry Ghost, Animal, Asuras, Human, Deva(heaven). All spirits are circling aroud these realms, killer,murderer and cruel people will go to hell after they die, great people will go to Deva,in hell, spirit will only suffer(billions years of dying in hot oil or cold ice all kinds of cruel death penalties again and again), in Deva, spirits only enjoy life, they can get anything they want and they can live very long but finally they will die; people think like animal will become animal in their next life, people who are greed and never satifsfied in this life will become hungry ghost in their next life everything(intentions,actions) human done will transfer those karma to their spirits, it&#39;s karma.There are 8 senses in a human, five senses are carried by the human body, three other senses are carried by the spirit(one sense I know is similar to your attitute to some certain things, like sugar is sweet, it can be regonized by taste sense of human body, but someone like sweet while other hate sweet, this is caused by the six sense hiding in a spirit). after human die, they lose five senses, but the three senses still remain in the spirit,and karma is transfered to the spirit(some were offseted in this human life, but generally a murderer&#39;s karma cannot be offseted even the murderer do good later, and the murder will go to hell directly, no one to decide who go where, it&#39;s all happenning naturally).
    of these six realms, human are the most intelligent and only human have the potential to quit the circle of six realms(also called circle of suffering coz
    everything in this circle will die and suffer in their lives, even devas, they finally die and go to other realms. Spirits can become buddhas because they&#39;ve accumulated enough good karma(so they can posses or reborn a intelligent human) and the opportunities to learn buddhism, buddhas were coming from the human bodies.Buddha&#39;s purpose is to help every spirit to escape from the circle. but the chance of becoming a human is rare and not many human learn buddhism or the nature, it seems like it will take forever to save all the spirits.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    everything Will go black

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    ashutosh_cool16's Avatar Internet Addict
    Originally posted by caza+22 March 2004 - 05:55--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (caza @ 22 March 2004 - 05:55)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-CoolMac@22 March 2004 - 00:24
    i believe that when everyone dies,we all go to a place like heaven,only that there there&#39;s no greed,anger or anything like that.I mean look at all the religions,they all have something real bad.
    Life is only one,you gotta live it,try to enjoy every moment of your existence...

I&#39;ve posted a thread about buddhism here before, but I didn&#39;t really know much about it, I&#39;ve been learning Buddhism for about half a month now, I&#39;ve learned at least the basic things of buddhism. buddhism is generally misconceived to be a blind faith like the other religions, but it&#39;s completely different than the other religons , one distintict difference is there is no god in buddhism. unlike other religions, buddhism doens&#39;t tell people to worship god or anything, buddha tells everyone to question buddhism before they actually learn it or believe it. this difference means buddhism is trying to help people to find the truth about everything, other religions are only telling you to have faith in something or you will be regret. which religion will you choose, you wanna know the truth or just wanna believe in something?

buddhism is not really a religion coz you don&#39;t have to go to church or temple, you can just read sutra like reading others science books, I found there is nothing wrong(at least the part related to science) in buddhism, the only thing you need is your intellegence to understand it, coz many things you cannot understand by using normal human thinking(includes genius&#39, buddha says there is no wisdom in human being, he doesn&#39;t mean human cannot think, but just most human cannot escape habitual thinking state, for example, I&#39;ve mentioned the smallest particle is nothing, how can you imagine nothing consititute everything in this world?it&#39;s the emptiness buddha&#39;s talking about and it&#39;s the wisdom buddha talking about.if you are not fully enlighted, you will never understand it.

buddhas doesn&#39;t call themselves spirit or soul they called themselve a state of mind which is enlighted or awaken. It&#39;s kinda like spirit or soul. when humans are proud of their intelligence comparing to animal, but aren&#39;t they missing something? it&#39;s who creates you? if you don&#39;t know this, why you are ignoring the truth? in other words, human beings were created by nature or human beings naturally exist and the science is created by human, who&#39;s smarter, nature or human? probably human can learn some truths by science in the next million years, but why don&#39;t we learn the nature directly? and now you don&#39;t have to discover it by yourself, buddhism can guide you.

most of the human live like an animal, they born, live and die and never know the truth of nature. human being cannot see all the six realms in this universe(not only the universe we can see): Hell, Hungry Ghost, Animal, Asuras, Human, Deva(heaven). All spirits are circling aroud these realms, killer,murderer and cruel people will go to hell after they die, great people will go to Deva,in hell, spirit will only suffer(billions years of dying in hot oil or cold ice all kinds of cruel death penalties again and again), in Deva, spirits only enjoy life, they can get anything they want and they can live very long but finally they will die; people think like animal will become animal in their next life, people who are greed and never satifsfied in this life will become hungry ghost in their next life everything(intentions,actions) human done will transfer those karma to their spirits, it&#39;s karma.There are 8 senses in a human, five senses are carried by the human body, three other senses are carried by the spirit(one sense I know is similar to your attitute to some certain things, like sugar is sweet, it can be regonized by taste sense of human body, but someone like sweet while other hate sweet, this is caused by the six sense hiding in a spirit). after human die, they lose five senses, but the three senses still remain in the spirit,and karma is transfered to the spirit(some were offseted in this human life, but generally a murderer&#39;s karma cannot be offseted even the murderer do good later, and the murder will go to hell directly, no one to decide who go where, it&#39;s all happenning naturally).
    of these six realms, human are the most intelligent and only human have the potential to quit the circle of six realms(also called circle of suffering coz
    everything in this circle will die and suffer in their lives, even devas, they finally die and go to other realms. Spirits can become buddhas because they&#39;ve accumulated enough good karma(so they can posses or reborn a intelligent human) and the opportunities to learn buddhism, buddhas were coming from the human bodies.Buddha&#39;s purpose is to help every spirit to escape from the circle. but the chance of becoming a human is rare and not many human learn buddhism or the nature, it seems like it will take forever to save all the spirits. [/b][/quote]
    [IMG]http://img272.echo.cx/img272/9836/band8sw.gif[IMG]

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    TRshady
    Originally posted by caza+22 March 2004 - 05:55--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (caza @ 22 March 2004 - 05:55)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-CoolMac@22 March 2004 - 00:24

everything in this circle will die and suffer in their lives, even devas, they finally die and go to other realms. Spirits can become buddhas because they&#39;ve accumulated enough good karma(so they can posses or reborn a intelligent human) and the opportunities to learn buddhism, buddhas were coming from the human bodies.Buddha&#39;s purpose is to help every spirit to escape from the circle. but the chance of becoming a human is rare and not many human learn buddhism or the nature, it seems like it will take forever to save all the spirits. [/b][/quote]
    Care to sum it up in a sentence?

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17
    Poster
    sure,

1. buddhism answer the question
    2. the answer is the six realms(search google:six realms,buddhism)
    3. human bodies are the carrier of the spirits,there are 8 senses in every human once human die, lose five sense, three other senses remain in spirit, spirit is a carrier of cause and effect,everything you done(intentions,actions) in this life will transfer to the spirit, and change the structure of spirit.
    4. all spirits in six realms suffer.
    5. human suffer coz human born, live, die.
    6. why do we believe it? coz why don&#39;t we believe it? nature can create you,it can create everything(something you cannot see), it does whatever it wants, buddhism is the study of the nature, from direct view. sicence is like step by step super slowly to discover some part of the nature, and something you cannot understand by normal human thinking unless enlighted.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #18
    brenda's Avatar Reborn again BT Rep: +3
    Originally posted by caza@22 March 2004 - 18:32
    sure,

1. buddhism answer the question
    2. the answer is the six realms(search google:six realms,buddhism)
    3. human bodies are the carrier of the spirits,there are 8 senses in every human once human die, lose five sense, three other senses remain in spirit, spirit is a carrier of cause and effect,everything you done(intentions,actions) in this life will transfer to the spirit, and change the structure of spirit.
    4. all spirits in six realms suffer.
    5. human suffer coz human born, live, die.
    6. why do we believe it? coz why don&#39;t we believe it? nature can create you,it can create everything(something you cannot see), it does whatever it wants, buddhism is the study of the nature, from direct view. sicence is like step by step super slowly to discover some part of the nature, and something you cannot understand by normal human thinking unless enlighted.
    i met Tibetan Buddhist monks in India and they were the most down-to-earth, happiest, placid and beautiful people I have ever had the pleasure to meet.

Buddhim could be the answer to the worlds problems if only we could take the time to contemplate it
    This fate is worse than death. Condemned to live out existence in a vessel incapable of sustaining my true glory. How am I to function with such limitation? - Illyria

9. The Drawing Room   -   #19
    Poster
    i think we should choose someone from the board , sacrafice him , and he should try as hell to comunicate to us from wherever he ended up ,
    no but really this has always kept me busy , what really happens when we die , i cant go by any religion since i dont believe in any , i just hope a hell doesnt exist cuz ive done some bad stuff in my life , nothing im proud of , i would really like to be reincarnated into some animal , or like in the movie where you die and they see what you did with your life and then they decide if they give you another body , it was a comedy but cant remmeber its name , well anyways when someone figures something out call me.

all those would be cool but dont think it works like that.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #20
    imported_GS1969
    I studied Buddhism briefly as well and it&#39;s about 1/2 right. If you read the dudes post about Buddhism the first part is cool. We are all one. Dont&#39; hurt anything because you are just hurting yourself. Be nice to everyone. That&#39;s cool stuff, but then comes the hokey crap; spirits, hungry ghosts, reencarnation, all that typical sliding back into the opiate of the masses stuff.
    The Buddha was this real guy who lived in India about 500 BC or so, and he came up with all this cool stuff, these great ideas about not fucking over other people, but then he does this backslide into the typical, jissy spirit world, ooh, ghosts and spirits. What a load of crap that totally puts his philosophy into the cheese category, and believe me, I&#39;m including all the major religions with a "god" in this cheese category as well.
    Why the dude couldn&#39;t just stop with the "be nice" is beyond me.

Confucius was kind of the same as is Daoism, and hell, Christianity for that matter. They all have great philosophies, but then they go to far and say stuff like "Oh and by the way, I talked with God the other day and so I know what&#39;s right, that&#39;ll be &#036;29.95, pay at the door."

G
    BKK

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast