Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Computer Help

Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    Originally posted by bigdawgfoxx@20 March 2004 - 23:20
    And to solve my problem I didnt boot from CD like I was doing..I just let it run. Good job VB
    I wondered how long it would be before I first saw that problem! Much longer than I had anticipated.
    Perhaps a big notice saying TAKE THE CD OUT when it's rebooting?
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by Chewie UK+20 March 2004 - 18:30--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Chewie UK @ 20 March 2004 - 18:30)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-bigdawgfoxx@20 March 2004 - 23:20
    And to solve my problem I didnt boot from CD like I was doing..I just let it run.&nbsp; Good job VB
    I wondered how long it would be before I first saw that problem&#33; Much longer than I had anticipated.
    Perhaps a big notice saying TAKE THE CD OUT when it&#39;s rebooting? [/b][/quote]
    or how about DONT PRESS A BUTTON AFTER REBOOT when it reboots?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    LOL, yeah.
    Norton (and others, I suspect) bootable CDs don&#39;t give you that warning - not on my computer, anyway.

I&#39;ve been called to computers a few times where &#39;xxx was on the computer and (s)he&#39;s done something to it and now it doesn&#39;t work... I&#39;m gonna strangle them when I see them&#39; only to find a floppy in the drive. I don&#39;t ask them on the phone, cos then I wouldn&#39;t get a call-out.
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Lick My Lovepump
    Originally posted by Chewie UK@20 March 2004 - 23:43
    LOL, yeah.
    Norton (and others, I suspect) bootable CDs don&#39;t give you that warning - not on my computer, anyway.

I&#39;ve been called to computers a few times where &#39;xxx was on the computer and (s)he&#39;s done something to it and now it doesn&#39;t work... I&#39;m gonna strangle them when I see them&#39; only to find a floppy in the drive. I don&#39;t ask them on the phone, cos then I wouldn&#39;t get a call-out.
    You shrewd dude, you.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    what did u friend do?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12