Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So Why Dosen't Everone Just Use Edonkey2000lite052

I've just started but it it has both setups combined and seems not to have any crapware that I can see so for, rather simple to use as well...

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    i was gonna ask why you dont use emule, but since it doesnt connect to both networks, i'll ask why you dont use overnet.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Originally posted by thisiswhoweare@18 March 2004 - 15:13
    i was gonna ask why you dont use emule, but since it doesnt connect to both networks, i'll ask why you dont use overnet.
    WTF, I have used eMule for ages, the whole point is that this conects to Overnet and the servers that eMule uses at the same time, so in other words it does connect to both and is a lite version...

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    sorry got confused. I thought you were asking why people dont use edonkey (assuming you were using it).

ive always used emule. Took 3 weeks for me to grow to like it, but now it kicks ass.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Originally posted by thisiswhoweare@18 March 2004 - 15:25
    sorry got confused. I thought you were asking why people dont use edonkey (assuming you were using it).

ive always used emule. Took 3 weeks for me to grow to like it, but now it kicks ass.
    I think eMule is great as well and have built up decent credits file but it just seems like this may be the best of both, at the moment I am connected to Razorback and Overnet at the same time, its hard to argue with that...

Image Resized
    [img]http://server6.uploadit.org/files/REALITY-EDK2.jpg' width='200' height='120' border='0' alt='click for full size view'>

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    your stats or values for users and total files might be wrong...

eMule v1k beta 3 Statistics [[ARC] reanimated838uk]

Servers
    Working Servers: 70
    Failed Servers: 44
    Deleted Servers: 15
    Total: 114
    Total Users: 1,909,052
    Total Files: 147,053,644
    UDP Search: Next Search in 7:07 mins
    Records

my values are much higher and on emule network only.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Well I just started the tweak process so we shall see, although I find this rather interesting as it seems Overnet users dont share much by comparison...

Razorback = 400,000+ users with almost 35 million files
    Which equals about 80+ files shared per user.

Overnet = 600,000+ users with just over 2 million files
    Which equals just over 3 files per user.

The screen shot above was taken just after starting the client
    Right now I see

Total Users: 1.7 million+
    Total Files: 137 million+

What does confuse me still though is if I fall further back in Q with this client compared to eMule since I do not have credits or does the EDK2 client also have a credit system for servers, since if it dosen't it would seem that an eMule client with decent credits would have priority in this case.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Originally posted by REALITY@19 March 2004 - 04:02
    What does confuse me still though is if I fall further back in Q with this client compared to eMule since I do not have credits or does the EDK2 client also have a credit system for servers, since if it dosen't it would seem that an eMule client with decent credits would have priority in this case.
    heuh?

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Originally posted by thisiswhoweare+18 March 2004 - 21:11--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (thisiswhoweare &#064; 18 March 2004 - 21:11)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-REALITY@19 March 2004 - 04:02
    What does confuse me still though is if I fall further back in Q with this client compared to eMule since I do not have credits or does the EDK2 client also have a credit system for servers, since if it dosen&#39;t it would seem that an eMule client with decent credits would have priority in this case.
    heuh? [/b][/quote]
    The main part of the question is comaring connecting to a server through the newer EDK2 compared to eMule for example, leaving the Overnet part of the client aside.

I don&#39;t see any credit file loaded like I do when I first start eMule, so if this client is connected to a server such as Razorback I would be seen as just a anybody going straight to the back of the Q, whereas if I connected to Razorback via eMule with my 5,000 credits I may find myself in a better Q position considering my credits. Then the question is as fallows, does this client even have a credits system at all. Hope that makes the question clearer...

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    yeah thats a question i dont know the answer too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast