Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Best Operating System

shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Originally posted by 4th gen+24 March 2004 - 18:37--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (4th gen &#064; 24 March 2004 - 18:37)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-Monkster@24 March 2004 - 23:36
    2000 pro and xp pro a literally the same
    XP is just less stable than 2000
    Anything to back that up?[/b][/quote]
    Nope, but 2000 pro performs better.

Walk onto a Corporate network that has 300 boxes plus on a Windows Domain, I bet you won&#39;t find any Xp boxes simply because their inoperablity with most Windows Server O.S. and primary Domain Controllers.

Guess that means their not the same too

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    TRshady
    I have a friend with over 4 comps in the house, though two are for experimenting, linking, buidling etc. He runs xp and 2000 on computers which have exact same specs .. and there is no difference in speed ...

Win 98 is also pretty decent, lol ... have my second comp running it, and it performs better then my main comp, even though its a pentium 1 ... most probably because I haven&#39;t installed nothing at all on it .. or maybe I need a pc upgrade.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23

What wrong with that? You (or someone else) forgot to put a folder name.

As for the second pic it looks like something is mis-config.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Originally posted by TRshady@24 March 2004 - 11:46
    Windows 2000 professional

Though if xps settings are right ... I find it just as fast.&nbsp; B)
    (change the visual style to windows classic, turn off system restore etc)
    XP And I have tryed them all a lot of tweaking tho.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    Originally posted by bulio+24 March 2004 - 23:44--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bulio @ 24 March 2004 - 23:44)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-delphin460@25 March 2004 - 00:40
    lol yer and its taken like 4 sp to get 2000 stable,

ive been using xp for a long time now and have no problems at all , ppl usualy blame operating systems , when usualy its hardware issues

older hardware might not be compatable with xp and thus the drivers wont work correctly

i wouldnt say thats a problem of xp, more a case of get new hardware that works with a new os

you call that hardware issues? [/b][/quote]
    you still have the the visual studio debugger running thats why your getting that message.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #26
    yes bulio , again you mis understand what you are looking at, its a run time error, obviously a conflict generated by other software within your system

i dont think it comes standard with that bug now does it??????

i suggest you do some debugging , update your vb runtime enviorment, or maybe just reformat, you prob used a burnt copy of xp didnt you, more than likley a buggy burnt copy at that.

notice how its the ppl with little understanding of how their os work are the first to throw stones when they cause these issues themselves

7. Software & Hardware   -   #27
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Originally posted by delphin460@24 March 2004 - 19:20

notice how its the ppl with little understanding of how their os work are the first to throw stones when they cause these issues themselves
    Probably because the Windows O.S. is supposed to be designed for people who......................know little understanding of how their os works.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #28
    Poster
    Originally posted by shn@25 March 2004 - 00:33
    Probably because the Windows O.S. is supposed to be designed for people who......................know little understanding of how their os works.
    That&#39;ll be why M&#036; bought AOL then
    On a given day or given circumstance, you think you have a limit.
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think &quot;Ok, this is the limit&quot;.
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123