Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Pop Sucks

I would have to disagree as well not all pop sucks.
    I like pop rock and a little bit of pop and I like other kind of music as well like rock as well

2. Music   -   #32
    In my opinion Pop will always hurt my ears, but it will always be the most mainstream music on the radio, too bad!!

3. Music   -   #33
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    I will try to sum up: Pop sucks, except around the edges.

Who are some pop acts worth redemption?
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

4. Music   -   #34
    Skillian's Avatar T H F C f a n BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by j2k4@17 March 2003 - 16:05
    I will try to sum up: Pop sucks, except around the edges.
    Nice statement man. B)

I'm trying to think of some worth redemption...Sugababes maybe? Have a nice original take on the genre.

5. Music   -   #35
    Skillian-
    Thank you for your kind compliment.
    I expect a lot of hair-splitting to occur now: is it a pop band, or is it a pop song? We may have to attempt to define a pop "sound"..... Difficult.

For example:The Tubes-pop band? Or pop sound?

I do think, to expand on a point expressed earlier in this post, that certain pop-practitioners of the fairer sex should be appreciated on a different level (video only). This would expand opportunities for females who wouldn't even have to sound good to warrent a video=more for us horny guys to look at,
    although it may be that foxes who are otherwise talentless may not be photogenic.
    Or am I wrong?

In any case, horrible, brutal, stomach churning death to boy-bands.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

6. Music   -   #36
    Poster
    i did NOT read the thread, but i'll reply anyway!

all music that is popular is pop. pop=popular music. soooo if you and your friends likes a band then it's pop!

7. Music   -   #37
    Ah.......Ugluk is kinda right.

Maybe since it's too late to re-name what has rather unfortunately become known as "Pop", we can look at how this peculiar strain of noise became known as "Pop"........

To hell with it, here is MY definition: BAD MUSIC MADE (OR LIP-SYNCHED) BY TERRIFIC LOOKING PEOPLE.

-Mark Twain

8. Music   -   #38
    Poster
    Originally posted by ugluk@17 March 2003 - 20:02

all music that is popular is pop. pop=popular music. soooo if you and your friends likes a band then it's pop!
    this is the response that pop fans always give
    yes pop is derived from the word popular but pop also refers to a GENRE of music
    nsync,britney spears etc.. not only are popular they also make "pop music" It's not called that because it's popular it's called that cause it's a GENRE

personally I wouldn't mind to have this pop suck in person

9. Music   -   #39
    Originally posted by Master YodaX@18 March 2003 - 08:06

http://www.estraradio.it/public/img/week_v...%20aguilera.jpg[/IMG]
    personally I wouldn't mind to have this pop suck in person
    Well noted, Yodax-you make my point better than I did.

-Mark Twain

10. Music   -   #40
    imported_The__One
    Trhough the 3 pages I just read, practiclly eveyone says : Pop sucks, pos isn't real music...ok that may even be true to certain extent....but what is real music? Rap, Punk rock, Heavy Metal, Rock....classical ? I think pop is just the gene that all ppl from other genes dont like in union, however, if everyone were to state theyr favorite music type, there wold be tons of ppl sayng: Rap sucks, Heavy Metal sucks and so on....

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast