Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Sr. Members

BANNED
    many people that I see (excluding big boab and the like)
    Excluding people that are regulars there and do good. I consider bigboab the leader of the lounge, and some other poeple there deserve seniority too. In general there are spammers there, but not everyone there is a spammer.

2. Lounge   -   #12
    Samurai's Avatar Usenet Fanboy
    Originally posted by bulio@26 March 2004 - 22:25
    my sig is not over that limit though
    Well... I quote from the link I just posted...

Signatures will be restricted in size and content. Signatures may not excede a 500x150 pixel area, this includes all images and text used. The total file size for all images contained in a signature may not excede 100,000 bytes. Signatures that do not comply may be removed or edited by a moderator or administator.
    Also, following on from jetje's example:

Total Cumulative Posts 1,122
    ( 0.14% of total forum posts )
    Posts per day 3.6
    Joined 19 May 2003
    Most active in Lounge
    328 posts in this forum
    ( 28% of this member's active posts )

Does this mean I'm a post whore?

3. Lounge   -   #13
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by bulio@26 March 2004 - 22:19
    Sr.Member status would be given out to member who are deemed "helpful". People in the lounge can be deemed helpful too, If they show it where it counts. Becoming sr. should be a privelige not a right, it is too easy to get 1,000 posts, but it is not so easy to make most of them count helpfully.

btw, I was juged once because "I have too little posts in a year" Why should I have 2,000 posts if their all one-worders or they make no sense?
    You've missed my point here bulio.

The senior member status doesn't count for much anymore, I think we can both agree. That means we have to find a better way to determine who is a "senior" member.

What better way than by using our own judgement? I know who's posts I pay attention to with regards to certain things and who is an idiot. When I look to see who has posted in a thread the FIRST thing I look at is their name, that is my indicator to what quality of poster they are.

And there are some damn fine guys and gals on this board.

4. Lounge   -   #14
    enoughfakefiles's Avatar Ad ministrator
    Originally posted by Withcheese@26 March 2004 - 23:34
    And there are some damn fine guys and gals on this board.

Thanks.

5. Lounge   -   #15
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by bulio@26 March 2004 - 22:30
    many people that I see (excluding big boab and the like)
    Excluding people that are regulars there and do good. I consider bigboab the leader of the lounge, and some other poeple there deserve seniority too. In general there are spammers there, but not everyone there is a spammer.
    Why attack the lounge so?

You don't post there as much as some and so I think you're really an outsider looking in. It's easy to criticize that way, but what we do as a group entertains and amuses us. Just like other world's discussions are entertaining for themselves.

6. Lounge   -   #16
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Samurai+26 March 2004 - 22:30--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Samurai @ 26 March 2004 - 22:30)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-bulio@26 March 2004 - 22:25
    my sig is not over that limit though
    Well... I quote from the link I just posted...

Signatures will be restricted in size and content. Signatures may not excede a 500x150 pixel area, this includes all images and text used. The total file size for all images contained in a signature may not excede 100,000 bytes. Signatures that do not comply may be removed or edited by a moderator or administator.
    Also, following on from jetje&#39;s example:

Total Cumulative Posts 1,122
    ( 0.14% of total forum posts )
    Posts per day 3.6
    Joined 19 May 2003
    Most active in Lounge
    328 posts in this forum
    ( 28% of this member&#39;s active posts )

Does this mean I&#39;m a post whore? [/b][/quote]
    Total Cumulative Posts 4,381
    ( 0.55% of total forum posts )
    Posts per day 21.4
    Joined 3 September 2003
    Most active in Lounge
    4078 posts in this forum
    ( 86% of this member&#39;s active posts )
    User&#39;s local time 26 March 2004 - 22:39

I, on the other hand, should be shot at dawn.

btw Samurai you posted these stats recently about me and I hope you&#39;ll notice that my lounge participation has gone down by 1%.

7. Lounge   -   #17
    BANNED
    That means we have to find a better way to determine who is a "senior" member.
    I agree with you, but can you help me come up with some other ways of determining what would make up sr.member status regardless of where you frequent in posting?

8. Lounge   -   #18
    Originally posted by Withcheese@26 March 2004 - 22:40
    btw Samurai you posted these stats recently about me and I hope you&#39;ll notice that my lounge participation has gone down by 1%.
    I&#39;m proud of you my child. I now consider you a &#39;Senior Member&#39;. You have my full support to flame anyone you choose etc...

You have now been promoted from Spam Whore to Spam Hoe

9. Lounge   -   #19
    Originally posted by bulio@26 March 2004 - 22:43
    I agree with you, but can you help me come up with some other ways of determining what would make up sr.member status regardless of where you frequent in posting?
    Change your sig first and I&#39;ll um... think about it

10. Lounge   -   #20
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by bulio@26 March 2004 - 22:43
    Yup, get rid of all titles. Like I said let&#39;s make our own decisions on who is a "good" poster. After all it is very subjective, no-one is going to agree with your own views on this.

@Samurai: This time next week I&#39;ll be a Spam Pimp, just you watch.

edit:bulio: Your sig is rather large...

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast