Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: What The Hell?

Give me a break, please, I am still dealing with returning an item to newegg, testing the system before delivering it, eating lunch, etc...talking with mechanic etc.

But I fixed the HDD issue by loosening some screws on the mobo; it appears they were on too tight.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #32
    I must say that after all is done, I am very satisfied with the system "as is," I even installed a few games on the machine and the Omega soft mod 9500->9700 mod and play NFSU. No, it's not a 9700 Pro, but it is an excellent machine for what I intend it to do.

For a while the system would not detect the hard drive. So I unscrewed a couple of the mobo screws and then everything worked fine, except the system would not load the OS correctly...it would suddenly say "Windows is detecting your hardware" and then the screen would go black and the CD drive would stop turning. So I kept tinkering and found that if the hard drive was NOT in "master configuration," everything loaded okay. It had to be in "Cable Select" jumper position. Oh well...yes, the trials and tribulations of learning new hardware is oh so wonderful...

Oh and I have a question for you overclockers, what settings should I change to overclock to 2.2 GHz (FSB 200 MHz)? What are good vcore settings, etc?

Thanks!

3. Software & Hardware   -   #33
    I overclocked passed 2.2 now, with default voltage...
    but most up it a tiny bit, not a whole lot....mostly just trial and error
    did you try doing it on default voltage? becuase sometimes you don't need to up it
    Q6600 @ 3.42Ghz | Gigabyte EP35-DS3R | EVGA 8800GT 721/1802/2006 w/ Accelero S1 | 4gb Crucial DDR2 @ 760mhz | 750gb Hitachi 7k1000 | Corsair 520HX | 2 x Samsung SyncMaster T240 24" | Windows 7 Ultimate

4. Software & Hardware   -   #34
    Originally posted by kaiweiler@31 March 2004 - 15:51
    I overclocked passed 2.2 now, with default voltage...
    but most up it a tiny bit, not a whole lot....mostly just trial and error
    did you try doing it on default voltage? becuase sometimes you don't need to up it
    Yes, I did try it at those settings, and I quickly got a blue screen! 2.19 GHz and a minute into NFSU.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #35
    lynx's Avatar .
    I'm currently running with Vcore at 1.75v, but don't go straight to that sort of setting with your pc overclocked.

Go back to standard clock speeds and raise Vcore by 0.025v then run at full power (FOLDING?) while you check your temps. If your temps are OK then raise FSB and check your temps again.

If it still isn't stable, repeat the above. Hopefully you will achieve stability before your temps get too high. It won't always work straight away though, I had to run mine at 2.0GHz (182MHzx11) for about 2 weeks while everything settled in. During that time the temps dropped by about 5C so I then felt confident enough to try again.

One more thing - put memory on the loosest settings while you do this. If you've got memory problems at the same time as processor instability you won't find a solution. You can always tighten up your memory settings later.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234