Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ram Problem Maybe.....

tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by Virtualbody1234+1 April 2004 - 19:50--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Virtualbody1234 @ 1 April 2004 - 19:50)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004@1 April 2004 - 17:31
    <!--QuoteBegin-peerzyboy
    @1 April 2004 - 18:27
    im scared...............i need to call my mummy.....last time i got a little electric shock because i 4got to turn the power off. better call everyone i know and say bye

how do you get a shock from updating the BIOS? you put in a floppy disc and restart to dos then run some program, nothing electrical involved and the only thing that could get screwed up would be if the power went out or if you turned off the computer during the install of the new bios update...
    It is recommended to clear the CMOS after a flash. So he will have the case open. **** Watch out for shocks&#33;&#33;&#33; **** [/b][/quote]
    oh, really? i always though that clearing the CMOS puts it back to the original BIOS version you had before flashing. But I don&#39;t know. Oh and cant you just go into the BIOS and go to setup defaults? thats what they always tell you to do...

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    lynx's Avatar .
    Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004+2 April 2004 - 01:31--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ROSSCO_2004 @ 2 April 2004 - 01:31)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by Virtualbody1234@1 April 2004 - 19:50
    <!--QuoteBegin-peerzyboy
    im scared...............i need to call my mummy.....last time i got a little electric shock because i 4got to turn the power off. better call everyone i know and say bye

how do you get a shock from updating the BIOS? you put in a floppy disc and restart to dos then run some program, nothing electrical involved and the only thing that could get screwed up would be if the power went out or if you turned off the computer during the install of the new bios update...

It is recommended to clear the CMOS after a flash. So he will have the case open. **** Watch out for shocks&#33;&#33;&#33; ****
    oh, really? i always though that clearing the CMOS puts it back to the original BIOS version you had before flashing. But I don&#39;t know. Oh and cant you just go into the BIOS and go to setup defaults? thats what they always tell you to do... [/b][/quote]
    That&#39;s what you should do in theory, but sometimes the position of the data within the cmos will have been moved so what used to be enable USB may now mean use FSB 300MHz (an extreme example). That sort of change can prevent you getting into the bios to load the defaults, so then you have to clear cmos.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    I haven&#39;t read all the thread, but as a pointer, make sure you turn off BIOS shadowing when you flash it. Same goes for video BIOS.
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    Originally posted by Virtualbody1234+2 April 2004 - 00:50--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Virtualbody1234 &#064; 2 April 2004 - 00:50)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    <!--QuoteBegin-peerzyboy

It is recommended to clear the CMOS after a flash. So he will have the case open. **** Watch out for shocks&#33;&#33;&#33; **** [/b][/quote]
    now im even more scared....

no i was adding fans and forgot the take out the power lead and when i touched the mobo it gave that bad kinda shock for something metal. a static shok i think its called. pussy hey u aim not a pussy o yes u r no im not :cry1

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    i touched the mobo it gave that bad kinda shock for something metal. a static shok i think its called.
    Static is enough to destroy your equipment. Ground yourself before touching any computer parts.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #26
    Mïcrösöül°V³'s Avatar Hammer Smashed Face
    Originally posted by Virtualbody1234@2 April 2004 - 15:10
    i touched the mobo it gave that bad kinda shock for something metal. a static shok i think its called.
    Static is enough to destroy your equipment. Ground yourself before touching any computer parts.
    yea, ground yourself to your room, with no TV or computer for 3 days before touching it.................dont cheat.........the puter knows

7. Software & Hardware   -   #27
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by Mïcrösöül°V³+2 April 2004 - 17:13--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mïcrösöül°V³ @ 2 April 2004 - 17:13)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Virtualbody1234@2 April 2004 - 15:10
    yea, ground yourself to your room, with no TV or computer for 3 days before touching it.................dont cheat.........the puter knows [/b][/quote]

8. Software & Hardware   -   #28
    okay so i download the thing put onto floppy put into pc restart and it will do it, no data lost nothong else changed?

9. Software & Hardware   -   #29
    Please Go Here

PS VB1234 can you close this thread and everyone rely in the above thread.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #30
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Closed as requested.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123