Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Are Good Speakers For This Mobo's

The A7N8X uses an onboard RealtekŪ ALC650 audio CODEC that lets you enjoy high-quality 6-channel audio without having to buy advanced sound cards.

What is a good cheap solution (at newegg)?

Thanks!

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    harrycary's Avatar Poster
    Hard to say since audio can a very subjective thing. Speakers are greatly affected by the furniture and room in which you use them as well.

My main recommendation is to look for a system with a subwoofer that has a wooden cabinet.

Power doesn't mean jack. If the design is good, then the sound will be there for ya.

Best to listen to them with the kind of music/audio you'll be listening to.

good luck...

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Originally posted by harrycary@31 March 2004 - 16:43
    Solution to what?

You've got digital audio processing. Just get a nice set of [compatible] speakers.
    Thanks for the input.

I guess what I am asking for is somebody who has this board to make a recommendation.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    I initally responded incorrectly so I edited my post.

my bad.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Well I cannot hear all channels through my Creative Inspire 5.1 5200 Speakers, so that is why I am asking for a recommendation.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    does this mobo have like 1 space for each speaker, like how the audigy ex has 1 hole for each, or does it only have 1 hole for all the speakers?

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Originally posted by abu_has_the_power@31 March 2004 - 16:55
    does this mobo have like 1 space for each speaker, like how the audigy ex has 1 hole for each, or does it only have 1 hole for all the speakers?
    Its weird, there are three holes, one blue, green, and orange...

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    Originally posted by adamp2p+31 March 2004 - 19:57--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (adamp2p @ 31 March 2004 - 19:57)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-abu_has_the_power@31 March 2004 - 16:55
    Its weird, there are three holes, one blue, green, and orange... [/b][/quote]
    that&#39; means 1 4 mic, 1 for speakers, and 1 for input (stuff like keyboards, guitars, stuff like that). it&#39;s just like all other onboard sound. u don&#39;t need anything fancy. the best sound quality is when u have a separate hole for each speaker. like if u have a 6 piece speaker set, and u have a 6.1 surround sound sound card, each speaker goes into each hole on the sound card.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    My Leadtek/WinFast mobo has on-board digital audio and when it is used, it utilizes the audio out, audio in, and mic input jacks to connect to your speaker system.

Maybe your mobo&#39;s website or manual can be of more help.

/that&#39;s all I&#39;ve got

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by abu_has_the_power+31 March 2004 - 20:00--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (abu_has_the_power @ 31 March 2004 - 20:00)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by adamp2p@31 March 2004 - 19:57
    <!--QuoteBegin-abu_has_the_power
    @31 March 2004 - 16:55

Its weird, there are three holes, one blue, green, and orange...
    that&#39; means 1 4 mic, 1 for speakers, and 1 for input (stuff like keyboards, guitars, stuff like that). it&#39;s just like all other onboard sound. u don&#39;t need anything fancy. the best sound quality is when u have a separate hole for each speaker. like if u have a 6 piece speaker set, and u have a 6.1 surround sound sound card, each speaker goes into each hole on the sound card. [/b][/quote]
    Thats not exactly right...each speaker does not have it&#39;s own &#39;hole&#39;. Each &#39;hole&#39; is for 2 speakers, its called 2 channels though. so a 6 channel sound card will have 3 &#39;holes&#39; and a 6.1 sound system will have 3 plugs to go in those holes.

To enable the audio to work with 6 channels on that board you will need to go into the BIOS and somewhere in their will be a setting to choose if the soundcard uses the mic and line-in as a mic and line-in or as 2 more sets of 2 channels (makes 6 channels in total).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast