Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Darkclown12

tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by peat moss@3 April 2004 - 02:19
    Ya I agree cant wait till clown starts to build his own computer and ask's hardware world for their opinion . But then again they can be very good with NooBs who are asking many questions and just trying to learn, and better them self's B)
    The problems he's having are with a computer that he built, and he has posted a few times in hardwareworld...

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    blank BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by Chewie UK@2 April 2004 - 06:47

I know what it's like to have a problem that's hard to track down; I went for months changing hard drives, cables and configurations because XP wasn't working properly and only found I had a bad stick of RAM after someone pointed me to memtest86 - I'd used other RAM testers (including the BIOS' one) and thought it OK but being able to write to and read from it wasn't the problem, it was that the data was being corrupted while it was in there.
    so how did u find out this problem? by asking questions?? did u listen to everything, everyone told you as well or did u use your experience and not bother with some things as u had already done this already.

seems to me that you prob did exactly what this guy is doing. He has a problem and asks (quite rightly) different people, different questions until its sorted

this guy may not seem to know what he is doing the most part, but maybe he does but doesnt know the right words, so when someone suggests something, he honestly already has done it.

I still rate myself as a newbie despite using messing about with pcs for years. I have learnt things I never knew where possible through people on message boards, esp on here and I thank them for that.

Despite the fact that I know a lot, I still dont know basic things, (see my post today, how can i get a 719mb avi on a 700mb cd-r as it wont fit and nero is having hiccups) or what programs to use. I can bet that you know more than me but I also bet that I will know something you dont. What I am trying to say is, dont flame people for no reason at all. If you dont want to help, dont, but keep your opinions to yourself. One day maybe you will ask a question and someone (a newbie) will know that answer but wont give it to you after they remember your flaming attack.

Give the guy a rest, hes only trying to learn for himself. I hate going to professionals and would prefere spending hours posting on here, on google or whereever and learn how to do it myself.
    Shut that cunt’s mouth or I’ll come over there and fuckstart her head.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    Oh dear, it looks like I've hit some sort of raw nerve here.

You're all missing the point.
    In my original post I pointed to his (a presumption, please forgive me if I'm wrong) last 240 posts being almost exclusively problems he's having. I listed them and it is plain to me (and, I hope, others) that there is a hardware issue at the heart of the problem.
    Troubleshooting hardware (and the OS, to a certain extent) is largely a logical process - for instance, if you're using the same disc as is working fine on another system, downloading another copy won't do diddly.
    DarkClown's problems are not going to go away by trying to install another OS or by copying some dlls that were missed during an install - logic is not being employed.
    I posted to the whole forum because PMing this would not alert other forum members to the root cause. Theyr'e looking at one problem in particular and not the situation as a whole because DarkClown is posting them as separate issues.

@ hungrylilboy: Well, I was recommended the program on a specific software forum and I followed the suggestion, much as I do with any problem I need help with. The problem I had at that time was manifesting itself as corrupted downloads, although the dodgy addresses were also occasionally corrupting system files. This cleared up the long-standing issue I was still tracking down after testing memory and changing my HDDs, cables, PSU & mobo.
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    Are you trying to help me or what?, and i dont need help right now the computer has xp pro on it now, it is a lil slow but ohh well it is my fault for buying crappy stuff, i learnt my lesson, and plan on building a third rig over the summer. With help on what to buy and where to get it. The only prob i have with the other comp i built is it is slow and has trouble installing some things, and it has that pop-up about copy windows files which shows it is a hardware issue like you said. Maybe one day i will figure everything out but until then i am going to keep on asking questions until i learn it.

so thanx i guess

and peace out

sign

DarkClown12
    ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe Mobo
    Athlon XP 1800+
    1 GIG PC3200 DDR400 RAM
    WINDOWS XP PRO WITH SERVICE PACK 2
    200GIG HARDDRIVE
    16X DVD-ROM
    DVD-BURNER
    EXTERNAL FLOPPY
    LIGHT IN CASE
    GEFORCE FX 5200 256MB

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    Originally posted by delphin460@1 April 2004 - 19:22
    perhaps a short course at collage or tafe would be more of an advantage to this guy , as you can get some confusing answers here at times

i realy think you need some sort of basic training clown , nothing like a bit of hands on to make it all sink in ,
    confusing answers? on the K-Lite forums? no way! over in GameWorld, there's a thread where people recommend Dreamcast emulators as a solution to play Jet Set Radio.

(if that comment flew over your head... do a quick Google and see how successful Dreamcast emulators are, at running Jet Set Radio)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123