Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Possible Virus?

shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    STOP using ie.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    yeah, it keeps happening. does anyone know what it is?

it prevents me from using shift+clicking to open new windows, and it takes away all of my toolbars except for google toolbar.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Nope, but you can try using another browser.

MyIE2
    Mozilla and Firefox
    are excellent

-- Xero Grid --
    <span style='color:green'>Supertrick XG Forums</span> | Supertrick XG - Your solution to ads, pop-ups, malicious code, and the rest of the garbage just floating around the web.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    yeah i have Firefox, its annoying though, it tells me i need to install plug-ins. and (when clicking links) getting new tabs to open automatically instead of in a new browser gets confusing. you have to start downloading those tools from the firefox site to get that to happen.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    MyIE2 is much more configurable, expecially the actions of the tabs. I suggest you try it.

-- Xero Grid --
    <span style='color:green'>Supertrick XG Forums</span> | Supertrick XG - Your solution to ads, pop-ups, malicious code, and the rest of the garbage just floating around the web.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    thank you i will.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    as I&#39;m installing it, it asks if I want to install the integrated AI RoboForm Plugin

it remembers passwords and such. it sounds semi-usefull, but like it could be a spyware type thing

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    It&#39;s definately not spyware, but I NEVER install it. I don&#39;t know why people would want to store passwords to begin with.

You may also be wondering about UCmore toolbar. I never activate that plug-in. UCmore (the company) delivers spyware, but the plug-ins itself is not spyware.

-- Xero Grid --

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    i never heard of the UCmore toolbar
    the toolbar is not spyware, but you can get spyware from it?
    does that toolbar come with MyIE2?

anyway, RoboForm is making me create a "new identity"
    however, it alread had my father&#39;s email and name filled out. How did it know this information?

Why would peopel want to store passwords, you ask? How do you rememeber your passwords? Personally, I keep all of my info on paper in a desk, not on the computer, but this RoboForm sounds interesting

EDIT: It wants me to choose a language. "English" or "English for translation"
    what is english for translation?

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    No, the UCmore toolbar for internet explorer has been identified as spyware, but the plug-in with MyIE2 has no spyware.

I guess it uses the "seacrh accelerator" without installing the entire spyware riddled program. But, I told you, I never used it.

IE2 has a search bar with almost EVERY search engine, my favorite being google. So, I don&#39;t know what the hell UCmore is supposed to do.

Well, for passwords, I always play it safe, and never put any on my comp. What would happen if you get a virus that finds it and sends it back home? You know what I mean. I&#39;ve had to fix a few computers like that.

I always use English for the language. I really can&#39;t say what English for translation is. Possibly if you are going to use a language module later. As in English isn&#39;t your fist language.

-- Xero Grid --

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast