Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Anyone Here Like American Sports

Originally posted by bigboab+5 April 2004 - 00:57--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bigboab &#064; 5 April 2004 - 00:57)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-hobbes@4 April 2004 - 22:59
    Although Rappy is being a bit of an arse, you should bear in mind that the Euro contingent has a nasty history of disrupting our threads, in particular, comments about American football vs rugby. "All those pads, blah, blah, blah..."

That is a comment on a particular sport and not on a nation. That is where I draw the line. [/b][/quote]
    Boab,

Comments on America, brainwashed Americans, American sports, American politics are a dime a dozen, welcome to the party.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

2. Lounge   -   #32
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by hobbes+5 April 2004 - 00:06--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hobbes @ 5 April 2004 - 00:06)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by bigboab@5 April 2004 - 00:57
    <!--QuoteBegin-hobbes
    @4 April 2004 - 22:59
    Although Rappy is being a bit of an arse, you should bear in mind that the Euro contingent has a nasty history of disrupting our threads, in particular, comments about American football vs rugby. "All those pads, blah, blah, blah..."

That is a comment on a particular sport and not on a nation. That is where I draw the line.
    Boab,

Comments on America, brainwashed Americans, American sports, American politics are a dime a dozen, welcome to the party. [/b][/quote]
    I never attack, or not to my knowledge, any country. Some of a countries people yes, as I would expect some of the people of my country to be attacked. Especially if they deserved it.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

3. Lounge   -   #33
    Originally posted by bigboab+5 April 2004 - 01:11--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bigboab @ 5 April 2004 - 01:11)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by hobbes@5 April 2004 - 00:06
    Originally posted by bigboab@5 April 2004 - 00:57
    <!--QuoteBegin-hobbes
    @4 April 2004 - 22:59

That is a comment on a particular sport and not on a nation. That is where I draw the line.

Boab,

Comments on America, brainwashed Americans, American sports, American politics are a dime a dozen, welcome to the party.
    I never attack, or not to my knowledge, any country. Some of a countries people yes, as I would expect some of the people of my country to be attacked. Especially if they deserved it. [/b][/quote]
    Not you Boab, but then again, there are 50,000 other posters that are not so friendly as you are.

4. Lounge   -   #34
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by hobbes@5 April 2004 - 00:14
    Not you Boab, but then again, there are 50,000 other posters that are not so friendly as you are.
    Then I will attack them instead.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

5. Lounge   -   #35
    Poster
    Every sport in the world, bar none, is minor in comparison to Association Football.

It is the Worlds Sport. It is ubiquitous.

Chaps from the Ewe Essay assume that their minor sports like Baseball, Hockey and Football are important because of the money involved.

This is typical of your turnover mentality. Some of us are interested because it is good, not because of the finances involved.

The World watches The World Cup. North America watches The World Series. Work it out.

6. Lounge   -   #36
    Originally posted by J&#39;Pol@5 April 2004 - 01:30
    Every sport in the world, bar none, is minor in comparison to Association Football.

It is the Worlds Sport. It is ubiquitous.

Chaps from the Ewe Essay assume that their minor sports like Baseball, Hockey and Football are important because of the money involved.

This is typical of your turnover mentality. Some of us are interested because it is good, not because of the finances involved.

The World watches The World Cup. North America watches The World Series. Work it out.

Looks like it is time for another shot, eh Martha?

What is a turnover mentality? A reference to the "apple"?

Whatever the finances, whatever the value placed by outsiders, I get no payout for following a certain sport and I enjoy what I have been raised to enjoy.

7. Lounge   -   #37
    Poster
    Originally posted by hobbes@5 April 2004 - 01:43
    I get no payout for following a certain sport and I enjoy what I have been raised to enjoy.
    I however enjoy what I enjoy. No indoctrination required.

8. Lounge   -   #38
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Originally posted by hobbes@4 April 2004 - 19:10
    The cool thing about baseball is connecting with the ball. Something very satisfying about crushing the ball, and knowing it from the sound it makes on your bat.

Basketball is great, but the excitement is only moderate as you can only score 3 point.

The long bomb, the break away in hockey are much more exciting than a turn-over dunk.

I remember Vince Coleman, Willie McGee, Ozzie Smith and Lonnie Smith on the St Louis Cardinals. You get 1 of these guys on base and the pitcher goes nuts. Vince Coleman was awesome, as was Whiteyball.
    I agree that baseball is fun too play as is soccer for that matter.

Watching it is another story.

I don&#39;t know what context to put that in that the excitement is moderate because of scoring 3 points. (btw you can score 2 points too )

The long bomb is very exciting but basketball has break aways also.

They are called fast breaks.

The difference is that in basketball the players are more likely to execute a goal.

Hockey and soccer are more likely to end up in disappointment because of a missed goal. (this also applies to my home basketball team the Washington Wizards) THEY SUCK ASS&#33;&#33;&#33;
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

9. Lounge   -   #39
    Poster
    ok look at it this ay

american - english
    soccer - football
    american football - rugby
    baseball - cricket
    basketball - ok you got me there, but we play that anyway
    A good game is still good if its late, a bad game is bad forever, Shigeru Miyamoto

10. Lounge   -   #40
    Originally posted by J&#39;Pol+5 April 2004 - 01:49--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (J&#39;Pol &#064; 5 April 2004 - 01:49)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-hobbes@5 April 2004 - 01:43
    I get no payout for following a certain sport and I enjoy what I have been raised to enjoy.
    I however enjoy what I enjoy. No indoctrination required. [/b][/quote]
    I see you are still living in "Denial". They are favored to win the Cup this year, best of luck "raised in a vacuum boy".

So you believe in a specific God without proof, yet you think that your affection for soccer arose in a vacuum. Talk about having no insight, heavans&#33;

Is this not obvious, at all?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast