Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Kazza Is The Best Program

Mr. Blunt's Avatar n00b
    Originally posted by Peachey@9 April 2004 - 14:06
    Uhhhhh last time I was on this fourm it was the K-Lite fourm ()
    No...it's actually a filesharing board.

2. File Sharing   -   #32
    Broken's Avatar Obama Supporter
    BT is the best file sharing system out there.

You have whole forums, of very friendly users, sharing files that are almost 100% what they say they are.

There isn't a search feature, but if you request a file many people will bend over backwards trying to help you.

It is very, very, very, fast. Some kazaa users say it's slow because they start a download and are only getting maybe 15KB or so. Well, kazaa runs in kb not KB. Times (X) that 15 by 4 and you have what you would have in kb, what kazaa runs in. And it's not uncommon to get speeds of 200 or 300KB.

3. File Sharing   -   #33
    Poster
    Originally posted by Broken@12 April 2004 - 00:22

It is very, very, very, fast. Some kazaa users say it's slow because they start a download and are only getting maybe 15KB or so. Well, kazaa runs in kb not KB. Times (X) that 15 by 4 and you have what you would have in kb, what kazaa runs in. And it's not uncommon to get speeds of 200 or 300KB.
    BT is incredibly insecure.

Kazaa displays speeds in kB/s (kilobytes/second).

The conversion between kB/s (kilobytes/second) and kb/s (kilobits/second) is to multiply by 8, not 4.

Bitt displays speeds in kB/s
    On a given day or given circumstance, you think you have a limit.
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think "Ok, this is the limit".
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

4. File Sharing   -   #34
    Kazaa sucks but KCeasy gives me hope.

5. File Sharing   -   #35
    KCeasy sux big time. I would be good if it worked. But the downloads never start going they just sit there. So i wouldnt be touching KCeasy with someone elses pole...

6. File Sharing   -   #36
    Originally posted by Sparkle1984@8 April 2004 - 14:51
    ...and i don't have the patience to use newsgroups !
    Maybe this will help you then...
    https://filesharingtalk.com/index.php?act=S...t=0#entry970320

7. File Sharing   -   #37
    Originally posted by todzuallen@12 April 2004 - 02:26

but not in here

8. File Sharing   -   #38
    Originally posted by 4th gen+12 April 2004 - 01:26--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (4th gen @ 12 April 2004 - 01:26)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Broken@12 April 2004 - 00:22

It is very, very, very, fast.&nbsp; Some kazaa users say it&#39;s slow because they start a download and are only getting maybe 15KB or so.&nbsp; Well, kazaa runs in kb not KB.&nbsp; Times (X) that 15 by 4 and you have what you would have in kb, what kazaa runs in. And it&#39;s not uncommon to get speeds of 200 or 300KB.
    BT is incredibly insecure.

Kazaa displays speeds in kB/s (kilobytes/second).

The conversion between kB/s (kilobytes/second) and kb/s (kilobits/second) is to multiply by 8, not 4.

Bitt displays speeds in kB/s [/b][/quote]
    Thanks for the corrections, i was just typing off the top of my head at that second.

No filesharing system unless amoung people you actually know is 100% secure. Sharing files with strangers is risky, and just needs to be accepted if you are going to perticipate. Although there are things that can be done on the individual user&#39;s part to secure thier side.

This is the case for all forms of filesharing that I am aware of......

BT is the best file sharing tool out a the moment. I say the moment because things could swing one way or another quickly. Although "older" files are harder to come by, if you even a half-decent list of sites you can get almost anything out there. And by not having a search feature you may even luck into something better that you didn&#39;t even know was out there.

BT is the best for larger files. (and what files out there aren&#39;t large, and they are only getting bigger)
    Large files because it has file checking built into the program that BT runs off of. You are going to get a none currpt clone of the original file that was being shared. Plus, unlike other program (where you maybe only downloading from a single seed) you download from everyone downloading that file no matter if they have completed their download or not. In fact, as long has there is a compelete copy among peers you don&#39;t even need someone with a full copy to complete a download. This makes for unbelievable download speeds.

9. File Sharing   -   #39
    Poster
    Originally posted by Broken@12 April 2004 - 21:58
    Thanks for the corrections, i was just typing off the top of my head at that second.

No filesharing system unless amoung people you actually know is 100% secure. Sharing files with strangers is risky, and just needs to be accepted if you are going to perticipate. Although there are things that can be done on the individual user&#39;s part to secure thier side.

This is the case for all forms of filesharing that I am aware of......

BT is the best file sharing tool out a the moment. I say the moment because things could swing one way or another quickly. Although "older" files are harder to come by, if you even a half-decent list of sites you can get almost anything out there. And by not having a search feature you may even luck into something better that you didn&#39;t even know was out there.

BT is the best for larger files. (and what files out there aren&#39;t large, and they are only getting bigger)
    Large files because it has file checking built into the program that BT runs off of. You are going to get a none currpt clone of the original file that was being shared. Plus, unlike other program (where you maybe only downloading from a single seed) you download from everyone downloading that file no matter if they have completed their download or not. In fact, as long has there is a compelete copy among peers you don&#39;t even need someone with a full copy to complete a download. This makes for unbelievable download speeds.
    Never heard of newsgroups?
    On a given day or given circumstance, you think you have a limit.
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think &quot;Ok, this is the limit&quot;.
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

10. File Sharing   -   #40
    As i said...
    nothing is 100% secure.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast