Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Enough Is A Fucking Nough

Ex-member
    Originally posted by rookiecrd1@10 April 2004 - 16:57
    Can someone please explain to me the details of this Antispam feature? What is the problem, what was it put here to do?

Is it the thing where members need to wait 20 seconds before posting another message, or is it another feature?

I am trying to find it in the admin panel but have not had much luck.

Brian
    I'm not sure if this has already been mentioned but I believe the anti-spam script is not to be found in the Admin CP or anywhere like that; it's probably a function which has been written into the 'post' script.

Disabling it is probably just a case of removing the line which calls that function in the 'post' script. I'm not 100% sure if this is how IPB works but it seems to make sense.

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #72
    Aaron_T's Avatar A duck is watching.
    well i for one am sick of arguing.

there is nothing more to be said than whats been said already.

so rookie thanks for your reply and iam hoping to see the anti-spam removed for good.

please make a topic and inform us when and if it is taken away.

i hope i can remain friends with RGX who i had a little falling out over on MSN

all i ask is that we can be more involved in the future about the changes of the board
    Those who dont learn from the past are doomed to repeat It.

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #73
    BANNED
    I'm not sure if this has already been mentioned but I believe the anti-spam script is not to be found in the Admin CP or anywhere like that; it's probably a function which has been written into the 'post' script.

Disabling it is probably just a case of removing the line which calls that function in the 'post' script. I'm not 100% sure if this is how IPB works but it seems to make sense. [/QUOTE]
    Yep. I wonder if Marc wrote it into the post code himself or is something you can get somewhere else. If it's the latter, maybe we can look for it and how to remove (or fix) it.

edit - Whilst getting more anti-spam messages (now seem to be a flood of them ), I checked Admin CP on a "default" forum..... there is nothing as the such, and see no "easy" way to adding more functions to the CP, just hard-coding the php files

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #74
    Poster
    Originally posted by DWk@10 April 2004 - 19:07
    Yep. I wonder if Marc wrote it into the post code himself or is something you can get somewhere else. If it's the latter, maybe we can look for it and how to remove (or fix) it.
    From his (7th E) original post, it looks like he wrote it, largely due to the fact he personally submitted it to the IPB developers. I just hope they can refine it before they add it to the next IPB software
    On a given day or given circumstance, you think you have a limit.
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think "Ok, this is the limit".
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #75
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Originally posted by Azzz@10 April 2004 - 13:47
    well i for one am sick of arguing.
    So soon? Already?

Where's your energy?

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #76
    BANNED
    Lol.

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #77
    RGX's Avatar Unstoppable
    Originally posted by Azzz@10 April 2004 - 19:47

i hope i can remain friends with RGX who i had a little falling out over on MSN

As I said over MSN, not a problem. Arguments make life interesting.

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #78
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    Whats spam?

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #79
    Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    We are in the process of removing the anti-spam. The anti-spam option is not in the Admin CP, so we need to get ahold of Marc (7thElement). Instead of using the anti-spam script, we will simply deal with members using scripts to spam ourselves.

You guys have to be patient, Brian has e-mailed Marc this morning, and we are waiting for an answer.

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #80
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Should have never been installed if no one knew how to use it.

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast