Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cpu-parts.com/mini Pc

Thats what i was going to do is build it myself... But then i found that site and started thinking that it'd be cheaper to buy one of those then to build my own...also i was going to buy a sepret gfx card

about how much do u think it would cost to build my own... est?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    atiVidia's Avatar ^would've been cool.
    lol if its about the gfx issue its cuz mine has a bad power supply but if it can somehow last w/o 2 then ill take it anyways

@ freak: the model that they built uses a mobo that has hit its limits.

hell i dunno. could top 1500USD easily. however, u know uve gotten some value cuz its still pretty upgradeable

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Alright thanx for all the help... I think u've talked me it to building my own I'm going to get the msi mega 180 but i noticed u recommend this one but it's for amd chips and u gave me a link to P4 cpus???lol anyways do u mind explaining prescott and sata i have an older computers and don't know either term so if u would explain them it will assist in helping me build it right/better...

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by freak@11 April 2004 - 18:13
    Alright thanx for all the help... I think u've talked me it to building my own I'm going to get the msi mega 180 but i noticed u recommend this one but it's for amd chips and u gave me a link to P4 cpus???lol anyways do u mind explaining prescott and sata i have an older computers and don't know either term so if u would explain them it will assist in helping me build it right/better...
    sata is serial ata. its a newer, and faster connection for hard drives, replaces ide\ata. it also has new data conector and power connector. look for more info on google.

prescott is the new pentium 4 core. like how there is the amd barton, thorougbred, palamino cores...

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    lol i couldnt load the page.

here is the p4 version

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    thanks ati and everyone else... sorry for the late reply been busy.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    shuttle also make a similar one , and i tested it out, and if you want an office comp to do some typing ect they are fine ,but

if you wanna play hard arse games , or rendering / cad or even convert movies forget it

as said b4 temp is a huge problem ( or lack of efficient cooling )
    the lack of upgradability is another factor , not enough slots for expansion cards ect

all in all for the price you could build yourself a clone machine that would satisfy all your needs

waste of money imo

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    Originally posted by delphin460@13 April 2004 - 01:48
    shuttle also make a similar one , and i tested it out, and if you want an office comp to do some typing ect they are fine ,but

if you wanna play hard arse games , or rendering / cad or even convert movies forget it

as said b4 temp is a huge problem ( or lack of efficient cooling )
    the lack of upgradability is another factor , not enough slots for expansion cards ect

all in all for the price you could build yourself a clone machine that would satisfy all your needs

waste of money imo
    nope!

SFFs arent that bad for gaming. dont overclock the card thats all. the new 6800u will fit into the shuttle solutions as it only takes 1 slot. also, MSI (i believe) carries venting holes right in front of the GPU fan. so hes fine.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    RGX's Avatar Unstoppable
    I have seen Shuttles incorporate 9800 pros with no problems, and I beleive there is a 64 bit chip version on the market at the moment, so if you can sort the heat I think they are great little cases.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    Originally posted by RGX@13 April 2004 - 06:39
    I have seen Shuttles incorporate 9800 pros with no problems, and I beleive there is a 64 bit chip version on the market at the moment, so if you can sort the heat I think they are great little cases.
    personally: i think hes fine with the p4 msi i showed him earlier. i mean, you can play MP3 CDs w/o starting up ur comp lol (i think it mite work with DVDs too but im not sure how...)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast