Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Harddisk Is Stuffed ! (i Think?)

Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    Originally posted by MoReBeEr(VB)@12 April 2004 - 13:16
    I tried Kill Disk

All it basically does is destroys the partitions & writes 0 on all of the disk , works from floppy boot up , looks like a good program for my collection.

It got to 3% in 20 minutes
    Left it on overnight & found it frozen with the harddisk light on at 5% in the morning! Escape for cancel - that does nothing , Control-alt-delete , froze at startup (nothing had changed&#33 , power swich off/on , boot up - now the harddisk makes a clunk , clunk sound (i do not blame kill disk for this the harddisk is gradually getting worse & worse) , at least when i take it back to the shop i can prove that it is totally stuffed!

Pardon my english but i think it is well & truly F*cked now !

Ok , i'm downloading spinrite 5.01 from overnet at the moment
    I'll see if i can make that sort out the harddisk between its clunking tonight ?!?!
    I've heard that clunk...clunk before; on a fucked hard drive.
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Oh , i just remembered

I can't use spinrite on it tonight
    This morning after all of its clunking i thought i would disconnect it under harddisk detect at the bios , the bios COULDN'T find it , so i definitely saved that setting !

By the way this is my first Western Digital drive , all the rest are Seagates , i hope the shop can exchange it for a Seagate because i DON'T want this to happen again to me. In all of my years of computers this is the first problem i've ever had.
    (I had a 105Mb SCSI in my old Amiga 3000 which set me back $1000 Aussie !!&#33

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Maybe you have added one hd too many, and your power supply isn't coping; that would explain the clunk noises and freezing. Try unplugging another drive, then runnung killdisk again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12