Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Newsgroups guide for GrabIt

Nardz's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +2
    sounds sweet ill give it a try
    Last edited by Nardz; 08-07-2005 at 02:49 PM.

2. Guides and Tutorials   -   #102
    Poster
    So far newsgroups are giving me a headache.

I try using NZB for "Interpol - Evil" and grabit doesn't work. MY DL speed displays an outrageously high number and nothing is downloaded. This happens with every other NZB i've tried to use so far as well.

I use the search function instead, and i see what i need, but when i grab the file, it says "article not found". Bull shit! I just clicked on the fucking thing! How could it not exist?

PS: People can get into the nzbzone site without registering, just go to bugmenot.com

3. Guides and Tutorials   -   #103
    Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride
    So far newsgroups are giving me a headache.

I try using NZB for "Interpol - Evil" and grabit doesn't work. MY DL speed displays an outrageously high number and nothing is downloaded. This happens with every other NZB i've tried to use so far as well.

I use the search function instead, and i see what i need, but when i grab the file, it says "article not found". Bull shit! I just clicked on the fucking thing! How could it not exist?

PS: People can get into the nzbzone site without registering, just go to bugmenot.com
    The search function in GrabIt is based on its own server which if I recall has a 30 day retention so it will show all articles available in the last 30 days. This has nothing to do with the actual server your using as most ISP only have a 3 to 5 day retention.

I would suggest making a search and then sorting by date and then try to grab a recent article and see what happens. If you still get not found then its possible your ISP dosent even support binaries which means you cant get them at all or they dont have the group your trying to access available.

The fact is ISP service is touchy and even those that have decent access have low retention although you just have to test out a series of different things to find out. Ultimatly though a server like NewsHosting which we have a referral banner up above is the the best way to go...

4. Guides and Tutorials   -   #104
    Poster
    That's probably it. The file was posted on July 26 and today is Aug 6, too much for the isp. I might just try one of those pay things, just use my poker account to fund it

5. Guides and Tutorials   -   #105
    Poster
    By the way, if anyone here has cox, the retention for binaries is 6 days

6. Guides and Tutorials   -   #106
    Hello. I'm new to GrabIt and I've tried downloading some rar files. Unfortunately, when I notice that they've downloaded as .txt files with the same size. I tried renaming them to .rar files but they still won't open. I assume it didn't really process though it said it did. Can anyone tell me how I get the .rar files? Thanks.

7. Guides and Tutorials   -   #107
    Whats the actual size of the text files...

8. Guides and Tutorials   -   #108
    Quote Originally Posted by RealitY
    Whats the actual size of the text files...
    Each text file is about 47mb. I looked more into the problem and it said Grabit probably couldn't decode the message. I've tried several programs that might've been able to, but no real luck.

9. Guides and Tutorials   -   #109
    I suggest a full uninstall and a reinstall...
    Last edited by RealitY; 08-25-2005 at 05:26 PM.

10. Guides and Tutorials   -   #110
    Santa's Avatar dvhyt5er
    first got "offered " these today by a l33t member
    i will try it out

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast