Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What Is With Americans' Unlimited Wants?

Poster
    Originally posted by 4th gen@13 April 2004 - 23:20
    I've not read the thread, but I just thought I'd say that Michael Schumacher makes approximately £30 million per year, before bonuses and sponsorship
    That's a shed load of money for brenging.

Are you sure that is not including bonuses and sponsorships mate.

Is that his "basic" from Ferarri.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #32
    Alex Rodriguez(spell?) makes to much godamn money and he isn't good enough to make 25 million dollars a year just for the game not for anything else.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #33
    Poster
    Originally posted by J&#39;Pol+13 April 2004 - 21:41--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (J&#39;Pol @ 13 April 2004 - 21:41)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-4th gen@13 April 2004 - 23:20
    I&#39;ve not read the thread, but I just thought I&#39;d say that Michael Schumacher makes approximately £30 million per year, before bonuses and sponsorship
    That&#39;s a shed load of money for brenging.

Is that his "basic" from Ferarri. [/b][/quote]
    Yeah, that&#39;s his basic Ferrari pay. The main sponsor on his baseball cap gives him &#036;20m US per year
    On a given day or given circumstance, you think you have a limit.
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think &quot;Ok, this is the limit&quot;.
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #34
    Poster
    Originally posted by 4th gen+13 April 2004 - 23:49--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (4th gen @ 13 April 2004 - 23:49)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by J&#39;Pol@13 April 2004 - 21:41
    <!--QuoteBegin-4th gen
    @13 April 2004 - 23:20
    I&#39;ve not read the thread, but I just thought I&#39;d say that Michael Schumacher makes approximately £30 million per year, before bonuses and sponsorship

That&#39;s a shed load of money for brenging.

Is that his "basic" from Ferarri.
    Yeah, that&#39;s his basic Ferrari pay. The main sponsor on his baseball cap gives him &#036;20m US per year [/b][/quote]
    Are you sure it isn&#39;t &#036;30 million

5. The Drawing Room   -   #35
    Poster
    Originally posted by J&#39;Pol@13 April 2004 - 22:00
    Are you sure it isn&#39;t &#036;30 million
    It&#39;s possible. I&#39;m quoting from memory a couple of years ago.
    On a given day or given circumstance, you think you have a limit.
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think &quot;Ok, this is the limit&quot;.
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #36
    is this about poverty? or are we all sitting in front of expensive computers, linked to the internet with warm bads and meals to look forward to, I would say in opinion only that the international share of wealth is a disgrace and also very difficult to do anythingabout short of revolution (I doubt even that would work).
    If we&#39;re going to talk about americas "waste" of resources these issues must also be discussed, as far as I can tell all we as individuals can do is to play fair in these things by supporting charity ect, and by dl-ing johns movies not buying them.
    A sandwich is better than nothing, but nothing is better than paradise, so a sandwich is better than paradise.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #37
    Double Agent
    Originally posted by tdos20@13 April 2004 - 14:38
    is this about poverty? or are we all sitting in front of expensive computers, linked to the internet with warm bads and meals to look forward to, I would say in opinion only that the international share of wealth is a disgrace and also very difficult to do anythingabout short of revolution (I doubt even that would work).
    If we&#39;re going to talk about americas "waste" of resources these issues must also be discussed, as far as I can tell all we as individuals can do is to play fair in these things by supporting charity ect, and by dl-ing johns movies not buying them.
    i like ur response

and no this is not about the rich and it&#39;s not about the poor

some of you seemed to have missed the point

8. The Drawing Room   -   #38
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    my plane is more economical on long trips than my SUV....perhaps the minivan could beat it

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #39
    Double Agent
    why does everybody has a plane nowadays?

10. The Drawing Room   -   #40
    Poster
    Originally posted by bujub22@13 April 2004 - 14:44
    but hey they earn there money and are spending it anyway they want &#33;
    Thats the problem. They cant, or maybe they can and they do but its wrong. At least not with limited resources like water or food. The problem here is that you (or we) give money too much value

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast