Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gigabyte 3d Cooler

tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by FlyingDutchman+14 April 2004 - 19:12--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (FlyingDutchman @ 14 April 2004 - 19:12)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-kaiweiler@14 April 2004 - 23:55
    ...... what would you make it out of? clear would be the best looking in my case i think...any way to make a good clear duct?
    You could make an acrylic duct.

Here an acrylic duct:

(Pic from SilentPCreview.com) [/b][/quote]
    i like that case design, its actually in a desk it looks cool. that is the one that i thought was yours, flyingdutchman.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Originally posted by clocker@14 April 2004 - 20:12
    K.

Are the fans held into the center from the top of the heatsink?
    In other words...can the guts be pulled out from the top?
    If so, how is that assembly mounted?
    Alright, I wasn&#39;t sure of this so I shut off my comp and played around a bit.
    The very top clear plastic "grill" is easily removable
    Below that is the circuit board, which is also easily removable (can slide off the top once clear grill is removed, wires still attatched to circuit board)
    However, the main fan in the middle is attatched through the bottom somehow and it is near impossible to see how, I&#39;m sure it could come out, just not easily for sure....
    Q6600 @ 3.42Ghz | Gigabyte EP35-DS3R | EVGA 8800GT 721/1802/2006 w/ Accelero S1 | 4gb Crucial DDR2 @ 760mhz | 750gb Hitachi 7k1000 | Corsair 520HX | 2 x Samsung SyncMaster T240 24" | Windows 7 Ultimate

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Hmmmm....
    I was hoping that there might be an easy way to mount a duct assembly of some sort to the top of the HS.....

I was looking at the cooler in a store and it was in the package so it was hard to see details.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    FlyingDutchman's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by kaiweiler@15 April 2004 - 00:25
    However, the main fan in the middle is attatched through the bottom somehow and it is near impossible to see how, I&#39;m sure it could come out, just not easily for sure....
    Nothing a Dremel can&#39;t cope with.....

@ Rossco: How do you sell a "PC in a desk" ?

Nah, I like my PC in a more normal case.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Originally posted by clocker@14 April 2004 - 20:29
    Hmmmm....
    I was hoping that there might be an easy way to mount a duct assembly of some sort to the top of the HS.....

I was looking at the cooler in a store and it was in the package so it was hard to see details.
    I may disassemble mine soon and see how hard it would be to get that fan out. Maybe if you took the entire top off, from the fins and up, leaving just the copper plate at the bottom, maybe the fan would slide out that way...
    the reason I don&#39;t do it now is because scottwile has all my arctic silver 5 so I wouldn&#39;t be able to put it back on till tomorow and I need it tonight
    but I&#39;ll probably play around with it tomorow (even though it is my b-day, i have no friends for a party so I&#39;ll sit at home and mod...)
    Q6600 @ 3.42Ghz | Gigabyte EP35-DS3R | EVGA 8800GT 721/1802/2006 w/ Accelero S1 | 4gb Crucial DDR2 @ 760mhz | 750gb Hitachi 7k1000 | Corsair 520HX | 2 x Samsung SyncMaster T240 24" | Windows 7 Ultimate

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Originally posted by FlyingDutchman@14 April 2004 - 18:30

Coincidentally, I have been working with a client on just such a thing...very different in detail, but the concept of having the PC ( in his case- 3 PCs&#33 incorporated into the structure of the desk itself is the same.
    Very interesting design exercize...

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by FlyingDutchman@14 April 2004 - 19:30
    who said anything about selling it? anyway, i would imagine he woud just remove the parts and put them in a case or sell them seperately?

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by clocker+14 April 2004 - 19:37--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (clocker @ 14 April 2004 - 19:37)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-FlyingDutchman@14 April 2004 - 18:30

@ Rossco:&nbsp; How do you sell a "PC in a desk" ?&nbsp; &nbsp;

Coincidentally, I have been working with a client on just such a thing...very different in detail, but the concept of having the PC ( in his case- 3 PCs&#33 incorporated into the structure of the desk itself is the same.
    Very interesting design exercize... [/b][/quote]
    thats pretty cool, my friend tried to do that with a server case, it has a 486 motherboard, a k6-2 500mhz mobo, an a 800mhz duron mobo in the one case, but he couldnt figure out how to get the i/o ports to be on teh back, so instead u have to reach into teh case from behind to plug in the wires.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    K,
    Look at this duct....made from jewel cases.

Happy birthday.
    I&#39;ll bring cake and Kool-Ade to the forum tomorrow.
    Any requests?

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by clocker@14 April 2004 - 19:45
    K,
    Look at this duct....made from jewel cases.

Happy birthday.
    I&#39;ll bring cake and Kool-Ade to the forum tomorrow.
    Any requests?
    I bring the

party&#33; drinks all round&#33; :beerchug:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast