Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Ideas To Increase Traffic/activity

Originally posted by rookiecrd1@16 April 2004 - 23:50
    How are they scamming? Simply by charging a fee for filesharing? Is that what you consider a scam
    duh

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #32
    Forum Star
    No Problem Jpol.

When you say Scam? How are they scamming? Simply by charging a fee for filesharing? Is that what you consider a sscam, or are they scamming in another way?
    when i say scamming, i mean people sitting on their asses doing nothing about the development of apps or anything else, the only effort they put in is setting up bogus sites and laying out bullshit ad's and quite happily taking cash for it claiming that its legal because some poor mug has paid for it

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #33
    SeK612's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    They are scam site as they are abusing the work of others and making people pay for a free items (such as the K++ program that many people on this forum spent alot of time creating). Such sites use tactics like mass emailing to get people to come to their site many of who end up on this forum wondering why they paid in the first place.

I'm sure you wouldn't like it if sites did something like asked people to pay to become a member of this forum and making a profit from your work and investment without acknowledging or crediting you

Edit: In fact see http://www.filesharingguide.com/ - a site which is the original front page of this site. Near the bottom it states "never pay for a filesharing program"

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #34
    jetje's Avatar former star
    it's really very simple...

* make it possible that guest can post in the guest room and that members can reply there... it's a good recruiting area
    * allow bittorrent links and e-donkey links and stuff like that.
    or even better start our own bittorrent tracker over here...

we have a gazillion visitors in no time....

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #35
    bujub22's Avatar THE GREAT
    Originally posted by rookiecrd1@15 April 2004 - 19:54
    Hey all. Not that we really need it, but I am looking for ways to increase the # of visitors, and traffic to this site so that the activity can pick up a bit.

Please list your ideas for promoting, places to advertise, etc.
    Also if you have a website feel free to link to us :-)

Thanks
    Brian :-)
    fluk your anti spam script!
    should'nt have put it there if u did'nt know how to remove it!
    been hell ever since installed

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #36
    Get rid of the members pictures !

I use UtterAccess and PaintShop Pro's boards and they are far faster than this one.

I find the members on here very rude sometimes, but also very knowlegdable.

I am on 56K and somethings I think now is it worth half an hour to go on to LK to read just a couple of threads and post some replies ?

PSP's site has no pictures and it is very fast to me.

Regards

Digby
    What color is your Adkaf ?

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #37
    Originally posted by digmen1@17 April 2004 - 03:24
    Get rid of the members pictures !

I use UtterAccess and PaintShop Pro's boards and they are far faster than this one.

I find the members on here very rude sometimes, but also very knowlegdable.

I am on 56K and somethings I think now is it worth half an hour to go on to LK to read just a couple of threads and post some replies ?

PSP's site has no pictures and it is very fast to me.

Regards

Digby
    ok i was on your side until that...thats just bull sh*t. disable images because of some whiny 56k users???? i think not

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #38
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by bujub22+17 April 2004 - 02:40--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bujub22 @ 17 April 2004 - 02:40)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-rookiecrd1@15 April 2004 - 19:54
    Hey all.&nbsp; Not that we really need it, but I am looking for ways to increase the # of visitors, and traffic to this site so that the activity can pick up a bit.

Please list your ideas for promoting, places to advertise, etc.
    Also if you have a website feel free to link to us :-)

Thanks
    Brian :-)
    fluk your anti spam script&#33;
    should&#39;nt have put it there if u did&#39;nt know how to remove it&#33;
    been hell ever since installed [/b][/quote]
    Well it did one good thing; it got you out of the lounge. If you had read some of the posts here recently, you would have seen that the anti-spam script was added by 7thE. He is apparently visting the states and when he returns is planning to remove it. So untill then we are stuck with it...

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #39
    Originally posted by digmen1+16 April 2004 - 19:24--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (digmen1 &#064; 16 April 2004 - 19:24)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Get rid of the members pictures &#33;

I am on 56K and somethings I think now is it worth half an hour to go on to LK to read just a couple of threads and post some replies ? [/b]

GTFO and if you dont perhaps you can go into your Control Panel Settings...
    Do you wish to view images in posts, such as smilies and posted images? Yes No
    Do you wish to view members avatars when reading topics? Yes No

<!--QuoteBegin-jetje

make it possible that guest can post in the guest room and that members can reply there... it&#39;s a good recruiting area[/quote]
    Agreed, thats how it used to be and it worked very well.

Also this is a BIG FKIN JOKE and makes us look like amatures. Many of us have spent alot of time on this board trying to help others as a community should, and this makes us look like a buch of RIPOFF artist. If you are going to allow these ads then maybe you should just sell KL++ right from this site and cut out the middle man. These are the same SCUM that scammed the original admins here and have scammed into their previously used URL&#39;s, this ain&#39;t rocket science, it&#39;s FKIN EMBARRASSING, get rid of this SHIT, anything is better than this FFS. You were so quickly willing to take down the PayPal logo but yet you continue to hang on to this FKIN SHIT

Enough Already.

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #40
    Out of The Ordinary
    Cheers REALITY I was on My way to post that

BOT

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast