Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread: Lets Add An Arcade

h1
    Since when did it cost money to install a mod?

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #52
    FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by haxor41789@21 April 2004 - 21:48
    Since when did it cost money to install a mod?
    MODs cost Money man.You have to Pay for their Beer at least.

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #53

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #54
    Site Owner
    It costs me money because I'm not good with that stuff. Last time I tried installing the a mod I screwed the entire forum up.

The amount of money for installation will be nothing. The real expense will be additional bandwidth usage.

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #55
    h1
    If you want, I can mod it myself and email you the files.

This is a crap option though since this board has several major mods on it already which probably changed the affected files.

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #56
    [I]well i wanted to see how hard it was to install an acrade myself so i tried it.

the offical directions are located here

http://www.ibproarcade.com/index.php?act=ST&f=8&t=599

The entire installation took me about an half hour, which is pretty good concidering that ive never installed a mod before and have almost no PHP experence. The directions given were very clear, it just took a while to make a bunch of small changes to many different files. Once i finished i only had one error. I search though the forum and found out what i did. I didn't replace a line in the topics.php file. Once i found out what i did it was really easy to fix.

I think that anyone call install this mod if they know how to copy, paste and use find in notepad.

Ill be glad to help with any errors during installation.

next om going to try installing a new game. it already comes with about 10 good ones but i want to install the counter strike game ( http://stlrc.com/forums/index.php?act=Arca...play&gameid=182 )

edit : That was alot easier then i though. put the game in the arcade folder, put the picture in the images folder and then go to add game in the admin cp. Then you fill out about 5 boxes with the information given in the zip file that the game was in.

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #57
    SeK612's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Its pretty easy to install. I did have problems later on when trying to set it up on another skin (I got a load of My SQL errors and error text above the top of the forum when viewing topics). I did eventually get it sorted (with the help of people from the ibproarcade forum).

If your unsure about installing you should ask the admin 7th. He seemed to know alot about forums and installed many of the existing mods and tweaks so he can tell you of clashes. He should also be able to help with backups and things in case it all goes wrong.

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #58
    RGX's Avatar Unstoppable
    Originally posted by rookiecrd1@22 April 2004 - 01:27
    Ok I am trying to get the arcade installed as soon as I can. Could be a couple weeks. Please also understand that this is going to cost me quite a bit more for the installation and the extra bandwidth, so next time you complain about the advertising please understand that I can not always foot the huge bill all by myself.

Brian
    Really appreciate what you are trying to do for the community rookie, nice to see you are taking suggestions onboard and doing something about them.

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #59
    eh yea maybe if you send me the file i can give it a try too... i set it up on my forum but i didnt change skins so it might be a little different... the arcades will use up alot more money because of bandwidth...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456