Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bittornedo Porblem

Originally posted by muchspl2@20 April 2004 - 20:26
    you need to right click the torrent and save as
    save it to your HD, its a problem with ie and /'s
    thats the work around, just open the torrent from your HD
    OK I right clicked and saved the file to my C drive.

Yet how do I open in order to begin downloading?

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    I think the reason why you cannot open some torrents straight fromt he net is to do with how IE & Windows treats its temp internet files. Basically it seems to compress them at some point and then your bt can't read them

That is why the save as works because the file is kept 'whole'

Bowen747x,

It looks as if you will have to sign up to the tracker to dl the file. This is to stop hit & run leechers (scum that they are) so if you do sign up, best seed to at least 1:1 (thats what most ppl would expect) and the tracker admin shouldn't have any complaint.

john3232,

That depends on your BT client most have some way of opening a torrent from within the gui - This is the best way to do it if you can. You could just right click on the file in windows and choose Open. If you get a box asking for the prog to use, find it in the list (or browser to it), tick the Always Use this Program... box and press Ok. that should be all you need to do. All future torrents you should be able to double click on and they will start your client.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Bowen747x's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by tym_the_enchanter@21 April 2004 - 11:33
    It looks as if you will have to sign up to the tracker to dl the file. This is to stop hit & run leechers (scum that they are) so if you do sign up, best seed to at least 1:1 (thats what most ppl would expect) and the tracker admin shouldn't have any complaint.
    im not signing up 4 shit has any1 else had 2???
    tYiA

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12