Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Computer Takes Long Time To Shut Down

Poster
    i dont use klite. i couldnt find a torrent. can u link the torrent?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    damnit, i thought i got it off isohunt, now i cant find it there...Try this also, this might help- start/run/msconfig/startup tab/uncheck everything thats a program that you've downloaded or installed (except virus scanner/firwall, if you want).

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Poster
    i thought u do the msconfig for slow start ups not shut downs. cen u send me the app through any other way like mirc?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Originally posted by 3223@25 April 2004 - 23:12
    i thought u do the msconfig for slow start ups not shut downs. cen u send me the app through any other way like mirc?
    oh damn, i forgot we were talking about shutdown not startup . do you have aim?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    lol, i just rememberd, tune xp is freeware.
    ill pm you the download link

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Poster
    i applied the tweak and i took me 10 min to do a reboot. about 5 for shut down and 5 for boot. thats very slow for a reboot. it should be under 5 min. did i do something wrong?

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    which one did you do?

10mins for s friggin' shut down, i think you got some spyware man

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    Poster
    ill check but it was 10 for reboot not shut down. thats still along time though. can it be spy/ad ware or can it be trojan/virus also?

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    backlash's Avatar usenet lover
    run msconfig and take a screenshot of the programs running at startup and post it here

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    Originally posted by 3223@26 April 2004 - 00:17
    ill check but it was 10 for reboot not shut down. thats still along time though. can it be spy/ad ware or can it be trojan/virus also?
    both.

update your definitions in both your virus scanner and ad-aware/spybot. run them both next download ewido security suite (great for detecting trojans), it found a trojan on my comp that nav AND avg missed. also you might want to download CWShredder. run all of these and then tell us the results.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast