Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Go Leafs Go!

Spicker's Avatar AKA jaigandhi5 BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Originally posted by NikkiD@26 April 2004 - 04:12

A side note, and I don't know whether this is 100% true or not. Leafs fans who attended Friday night's game in Philly reported absolutely horrendous treatment from the Flyers fans at the game. This included having beer thrown on them, being spit on, and being beaten up in the bathrooms. This kind of thing is truly disgusting, and I hope that the Toronto fans will NOT try the same type of thing on Wednesday night. It's called sportsmanship, and displays like this are absolutely shameful.
    whoa i didint know tht damn THIS MEANS WAR!!!!!

GO LEAFS GO!

the leafs are playing today

hopefully they will win and niewendike will play with sundin...

My Blog
    I'm still here.

2. Lounge   -   #12
    Smith's Avatar Since 1989.. BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by jaigandhi5+28 April 2004 - 00:43--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (jaigandhi5 @ 28 April 2004 - 00:43)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-NikkiD@26 April 2004 - 04:12

A side note, and I don&#39;t know whether this is 100% true or not. Leafs fans who attended Friday night&#39;s game in Philly reported absolutely horrendous treatment from the Flyers fans at the game. This included having beer thrown on them, being spit on, and being beaten up in the bathrooms. This kind of thing is truly disgusting, and I hope that the Toronto fans will NOT try the same type of thing on Wednesday night. It&#39;s called sportsmanship, and displays like this are absolutely shameful.
    whoa i didint know tht damn THIS MEANS WAR&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

GO LEAFS GO&#33;

hopefully they will win and niewendike will play with sundin... [/b][/quote]
    wow, such poor sportsman ship.

wut ever happened to simple fist fights?

or hell just watching the game?

B)

3. Lounge   -   #13
    Poster
    Right next to the weapons of mass destructions
    Originally posted by jaigandhi5@27 April 2004 - 19:43

GO LEAFS GO&#33;

They are playing tomorrow Go Leafs Go B)

<span style='font-family:Geneva'><span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'> &quot;Its all fun and games till someone looses an eye......THEN its a sport&#33;&#33;&quot;
    - danyj</span></span></span>

4. Lounge   -   #14
    Spicker's Avatar AKA jaigandhi5 BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Originally posted by danyj+28 April 2004 - 02:50--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (danyj @ 28 April 2004 - 02:50)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-jaigandhi5@27 April 2004 - 19:43

GO LEAFS GO&#33;

They are playing tomorrow Go Leafs Go B) [/b][/quote]
    lol my bad B) i meant tomorrow

My Blog
    I'm still here.

5. Lounge   -   #15
    BANNED

6. Lounge   -   #16
    Smith's Avatar Since 1989.. BT Rep: +1
    oya, we won last nite.

theres still hope

B)

7. Lounge   -   #17
    Poster
    Toronto&#39;s future looks hazy right now. IF they get past Philly (which I think they can), they&#39;ll have to face the cream of the crop, Tamba Bay. A team that handed Montreal their ASSES. Ultimately, I say that the finals will be probably San Jose and Tamba Bay.......hopefully Toronto pulls some miracles though B)

8. Lounge   -   #18
    NikkiD's Avatar Yen?
    I think Toronto has a very good shot of beating both Philly and Tampa.

They need to keep playing the body. They&#39;ve done well playing that way, and will continue to do so.

They need to keep at Esche - they proved tonight and Wednesday that he&#39;s just human. As far as I&#39;m concerned, he&#39;s been playing over his head - he&#39;s had a really good streak, but he&#39;s never been that great a goaltender.

Same goes for Khabibulin - he&#39;s never been all that stellar in net either - he&#39;s had a good defense and some good games. If Toronto can score on Esche, and a strong defensive team like the Flyers, they can score on Khabibulin and the Lightning. They&#39;re a much bigger team than Tampa Bay as well and much more physical.

The possibility is there that Nolan will be back for a third round, and most likely Nieuwendyk will be playing soon as well. Belfour is playing up to his usually high standard - not over his head, but in his usual style - Sundin is playing well, Domi is giving his body up every check he makes. These guys have a lot of heart and a lot of will. It would be silly to underestimate them. I&#39;m not saying they&#39;re going to walk all over everyone. I am saying that they&#39;re very capable of taking both series.

In the playoffs, all it comes down to is who wants it most.

Well done boys.

9. Lounge   -   #19
    Poster
    Right next to the weapons of mass destructions
    Originally posted by NikkiD@30 April 2004 - 22:58
    I think Toronto has a very good shot of beating both Philly and Tampa.

They need to keep playing the body. They&#39;ve done well playing that way, and will continue to do so.

They need to keep at Esche - they proved tonight and Wednesday that he&#39;s just human. As far as I&#39;m concerned, he&#39;s been playing over his head - he&#39;s had a really good streak, but he&#39;s never been that great a goaltender.

Same goes for Khabibulin - he&#39;s never been all that stellar in net either - he&#39;s had a good defense and some good games. If Toronto can score on Esche, and a strong defensive team like the Flyers, they can score on Khabibulin and the Lightning. They&#39;re a much bigger team than Tampa Bay as well and much more physical.

The possibility is there that Nolan will be back for a third round, and most likely Nieuwendyk will be playing soon as well. Belfour is playing up to his usually high standard - not over his head, but in his usual style - Sundin is playing well, Domi is giving his body up every check he makes. These guys have a lot of heart and a lot of will. It would be silly to underestimate them. I&#39;m not saying they&#39;re going to walk all over everyone. I am saying that they&#39;re very capable of taking both series.

In the playoffs, all it comes down to is who wants it most.

Well done boys.
    Well said Go Leafs Go&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

<span style='font-family:Geneva'><span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'> &quot;Its all fun and games till someone looses an eye......THEN its a sport&#33;&#33;&quot;
    - danyj</span></span></span>

10. Lounge   -   #20
    Poster
    woot Toronto won last night. Sundin is playing again and he looks better than ever, 2 goals&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; B) B) I&#39;m liking this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast