Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Compuer Crashed, Cant Boot Nor Get To Bios

atiVidia's Avatar ^would've been cool.
    Originally posted by BigDaddy555@26 April 2004 - 23:25
    No, the keyboard is not USB, and yes I did try my other keyboard. I now believe that its not that the keyboard is not working but yet that the computer is just locking up.  I made a ROMPac floppy and it will just hang forever while trying to read the disc.  Unless this is normal, I gave it about an hour twice and all I see is the floppy working while Im looking at a black screen with a blinking cursor in the top left.  The funny thing is, after I did this the first time it didnt work so I jumped the CMOS and pulled the battery, and after that when I power up, you could see it run a memory test  in the top lest.  Looked normal until that was done then then it said that  no operating system was found.  Referring back to my previous post, we know that the HDD is good (AND YES I TRIED ANOTHER JUST IN CASE)

I have already done everything that has been suggested before I even started this thread.  I wouldnt want to waste all of your time trying to resolve a simple issue.

The only thing that I have NOT done is actually flashed the Bios.  That is because I cannot find anywhere what version is on this machine.

COULD SOMEONE HELP ME FIND THE RIGHT FLASH FOR THIS BOARD. Google nor HP have helped me yet.  I am having trouble finding anything on this motherboard and I dont know what version of BIOS is on here. I posted the serial and model number from the motherboad in the first thread.

I gave my S/N to a live tech at HP and he gave me the exact model # Compac Presario desktop PC 7QSME2,  The only thing on the computer itself is 7000, but there are a ton of 7000 series.

Ill be pulling my hair out waiting on the Genius that can help me.

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR INPUT AND KEEP THEM COMING.  I REALLY APPRECIATE EVERYONE COMING TOGETHER TRYING TO SOLVE SOMEONE ELSES PROBLEMS.

SORRY DONT MEAN TO BE SO LONG.............JUST TRYING TO BE THUROUGH!
    have u tried entering the bios after clearing it?
    reason i mentioned this is because u sed that it checked the mem and stuff. it seems that ur bios issues have been solved so try booting into the bios.

btw usually if an OS is on a hard drive it will not boot in any other comp

try a linux live CD and see if it boots off of that. here

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    BigDaddy555's Avatar ONE MIN. NINE SEC.
    YES I tried to enter BIOS after the clear, also I use an XP disc, that is what was on there and is what I reinstalled. Oddly I know it is detecting the cd, floppy and HD because they all light up in order right at power up>>>>HDD>CD>FLOPPY, but never light up again unless I put a disc in the floppy you can hear it turning and lights up. Maybe I am not loading the disc right. I extracted it onto the floppy after I downloaded it and even double checked it on my good machine, so I believe the disc to be good. Here is what I put on the discCOMPAQ WEBSITE

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    Ok.............I know I am beating this into the ground, but...........he showed me the Win XP disc he recently installed on this crashed computer. I believe he got it from Kazaa because I have seen this serial # before:FCKGW-RHQQ2-YXRKT-8TG6W-2B7Q8. I believe this disk had a virus causing all of this. here is what is going on now, I simply made an MS DOS boot disk and actually got to the A/ prompt, however I could not type anything. (HMM???) Now I can get it to respond when I press F10, but it goes straight to the screen that says "sorry for the inconvenience bla bla bla.....and it gives me the safe mode, ""with netwrkg,""with command prompt, and it is highlighted on start win normally. I cant select anything, it just stays stuck on the start normal. If I press any key the time meter will stop and again the computer hangs.

NOW LISTEN TO THIS...........PLEASE BEAR WITH ME.............

If I let it time out, a blue screen flashes so quickly I could not read it. So with the help of a video camera I figured out most of what it says:
    " A PROBLEM HAS BEEN DETECTEDAND WINDOWS HAS BEEN SHUT DOWN.
    IF THIS IS THE FIRST TIME.....(COULNT READ)
    CHECK FOR VIRUSES ON YOUR COMPUTER, REMOVE NEWLY INSTALLED HARD DRIVES OR HARD DRIVE CONTROLLERS, CHECK YOUR HARD DRIVE TO MAKE SURE IT IS PROPERLY CONFIGURED AND TERMINATED

TECHNICAL INFORMATION
    *** STOP 0 x 00000078 (0XFE232640,CO....that is all I could read

Run CHKDSX/F to check for HD corruption

Now I know my HD is good, but how will I be able to run CHKDSk

regardless I still cant load BIOS

<--------this should take care of it&#33;

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    :helpsmile:

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    mate sounds like too much effort , chuck it out the window

6. Software & Hardware   -   #26
    sounds like something zapped ur southbridge

Originally posted by delphin460@27 April 2004 - 04:19
    mate sounds like too much effort , chuck it out the window&nbsp;
    looks like hes right. u can get another mobo if ya want.

btw i could give u a decent copy of XP pro and a good serial key not on kazaa (u need to show me that u deserve it tho )

7. Software & Hardware   -   #27
    Thanks for the offer on the XP cd. I have a good one. It was his that I think was F@@ked. And your right, this has become too much trouble. Im going to tell him to replace the motherboard. Not a very expensive fix..............

8. Software & Hardware   -   #28
    Originally posted by BigDaddy555@27 April 2004 - 16:19
    Thanks for the offer on the XP cd. I have a good one. It was his that I think was F@@ked. And your right, this has become too much trouble. Im going to tell him to replace the motherboard. Not a very expensive fix..............
    rofl unlike u im not rich so i cant afford a mobo swap

9. Software & Hardware   -   #29
    well, its cheaper than a new computer....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123