Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Microsoft Updates 1/2 May

tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by hungrylilboy@3 May 2004 - 00:11
    i will later tonight.
    there was one network iv6 firewall related one but i didnt install it
    its odd cos protowall says i am connected and is still blocking and allowing packets but nothing will connect
    you still havent told us how you connect to the internet. but anyway, that ipv6 firewall thing mighthave something to do with the problem, although I have it installed, along with all other updates available, and have no problems at all....

but here is something to try: (this is only if you have high speed internet, through ethernet)
    go to control panel>network connections>double click the connection>click support.

now write down what it says for ip adress, subnet mask, and gateway.

now install all of the updates and if the internet connection has stopped working, go to the same place again (you might wanna write down how to get there) and check to see if the ip adress and stuff are still the same,if not then try going:

back to the general tab>click properties>now double-click the internet protocol (tcp\ip) protocol stack and make sure that OBTAIN AN IP ADRESS AUTOMATICALLY and OBTAIN DNS SERVER AUTOMATICALLY are enabled. if not then enable them (unless ur isp install manual tells u differently)

well good luck, and post back with what happens!

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Lick My Lovepump
    One of the updates may have enabled the XP firewall..?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    blank BT Rep: +1
    i cant be bothered to be honest now guys. I have installed the roll back and that works. The other updates arent critical and are mostly things that microsoft wants u to install to promote themselves.

thanks for help neway and if it ever occurs again, will let u know what happens
    Shut that cunt’s mouth or I’ll come over there and fuckstart her head.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12