View Poll Results: Should there be an Anime Sub Forum?

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

33 49.25%
  • No

32 47.76%
  • No opinion

2 2.99%
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Thread: Anime Sub-section In Movieworld

Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by {I}{K}{E}@9 May 2004 - 13:17
    I'm still not convinced there should be an Anime sub section.

I think we haven't got enough anime lovers to make an Anime section that will be kept alive, in the beginning there will be alot of posts which is kinda normal but I think it will be slowly decrease in activity.

But I will read your thoughts and maybe you can convince me
    Exactly just another little fad, if we created a sub-section everytime someone asked for one we'd be swamped with the buggers. Let's just keep things simple, which has worked well for this board for a long time now.

Still don't know why people can't just create a topic in Movieworld about anime, if people are interested in discussing this stuff then the threads would stay around. I don't want to have to wade through menus just to find a decent topic.

2. Movies & TV   -   #82
    Originally posted by NotoriousBIC+9 May 2004 - 13:58--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (NotoriousBIC &#064; 9 May 2004 - 13:58)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by peerzyboy@8 May 2004 - 11:49
    <!--QuoteBegin-RedRival
    @6 May 2004 - 19:59
    the only way to prove to you isthat you bothering to download an episode of that anime. i can&#39;t describe to you everything. unless you make an effort to watch at least one episode i can&#39;t prove shite to you. i still think u are just trying to find something to spam the board with. this is my last reply hopefully.

5 Times and counting, i don&#39;t want to know about the series im just asking one simple question.

Q:
    How old is the main character(s)?

A:

@NotoriousBIC -
    Q: Of which series?

I WAS being serious you know...
    I can smell a troll from MILES away... [/b][/quote]
    Someone already answered my question through Pm, being serious, for having an opionin, seems a bit harsh But go on then, if you wanna kick me out be my guest, just for having a brain though, admitable i might have insulted you anime lovers but its me. live with it.

3. Movies & TV   -   #83
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by peerzyboy+9 May 2004 - 16:35--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (peerzyboy @ 9 May 2004 - 16:35)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by NotoriousBIC@9 May 2004 - 13:58
    Originally posted by peerzyboy@8 May 2004 - 11:49
    <!--QuoteBegin-RedRival
    @6 May 2004 - 19:59
    the only way to prove to you isthat you bothering to download an episode of that anime. i can&#39;t describe to you everything. unless you make an effort to watch at least one episode i can&#39;t prove shite to you. i still think u are just trying to find something to spam the board with. this is my last reply hopefully.

5 Times and counting, i don&#39;t want to know about the series im just asking one simple question.

Q:
    How old is the main character(s)?

A:

@NotoriousBIC -

Q: Of which series?

I WAS being serious you know...
    I can smell a troll from MILES away...
    Someone already answered my question through Pm, being serious, for having an opionin, seems a bit harsh But go on then, if you wanna kick me out be my guest, just for having a brain though, admitable i might have insulted you anime lovers but its me. live with it. [/b][/quote]
    Knew there was a reason I didn&#39;t bother with Fastracker...fancy threatening to chuck someone out because he disagrees with your opinion. How old are you ten?

4. Movies & TV   -   #84
    Looks like the No&#39;s are gonna win.

IMO there should be a tv section
    Need a cheap/easy way of modding your xbox? Check this out.

5. Movies & TV   -   #85
    Retired
    Originally posted by SingaBoiy@10 May 2004 - 02:43
    Looks like the No&#39;s are gonna win.

IMO there should be a tv section
    Movieworld
    Discuss about everything related to Movies / TV - Episodes here.

6. Movies & TV   -   #86
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Originally posted by {I}{K}{E}@9 May 2004 - 10:17
    I&#39;m still not convinced there should be an Anime sub section.

I think we haven&#39;t got enough anime lovers to make an Anime section that will be kept alive, in the beginning there will be alot of posts which is kinda normal but I think it will be slowly decrease in activity.

But I will read your thoughts and maybe you can convince me
    I second that.

I would like to see an anime section if there are enough anime lovers.

Furthermore, if the section is granted, I would like the section removed if it&#39;s not active.

Polls are one thing, seeing it in action is another.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

7. Movies & TV   -   #87
    ill be an active poster if there is an anime world. we just need 3 more people to say this and then we become more popular then linuxworld.

btw, my favorite anime is cowboy bebop
    here are the ages
    spike - 20 something
    jet - 30 something
    faye - 70 something
    ed - 12 I think

also, if you look here you can see how many times naruto 81 has been downloaded. If you total just the most popluar releases its over 110,000 downloads. This happens every week for this series. This is the file sharing talk board correct? Shouldn&#39;t something that is shared this much have its own sub-section?

and one more thing, how often are sports downloaded?

still one more thing, that Verified Anime Section is pretty much useless. i don&#39;t know anyone who gets anime from kazaa. so can everyone stop saying that one pinned topic is enough to cover all anime. (btw, i get a "file not found" when i go here http://klboard-anime.cjb.net/ )

sorry for my rambling but i guess i had a lot to say

8. Movies & TV   -   #88
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    @wienerschnitzel: Good points W, but unfortunately the poll seems to suggest people want things to remain the same.

also, if you look here you can see how many times naruto 81 has been downloaded. If you total just the most popluar releases its over 110,000 downloads. This happens every week for this series. This is the file sharing talk board correct? Shouldn&#39;t something that is shared this much have its own sub-section?
    TV programs are more highly downloaded than this and yet do not have there own sub-section.

and one more thing, how often are sports downloaded?
    This is a fair point and begs the question of why Sportwsworld is not located in the off-topic part of the board. The only sport I&#39;ve seen regularly downloaded is wrestling and that doesn&#39;t really count does it?

still one more thing, that Verified Anime Section is pretty much useless. i don&#39;t know anyone who gets anime from kazaa. so can everyone stop saying that one pinned topic is enough to cover all anime. (btw, i get a "file not found" when i go here http://klboard-anime.cjb.net/ )
    Haven&#39;t got much to say here as I don&#39;t use kazaa much (though bizarrely I used it to download some older anime that this topic has sparked an interest in for me). Though I would say that if someone was willng to do something to replace this obsolete thread then that would be interesting.

But again it comes to my repeated point (which like Peerzy&#39;s question is never answered) why do we need to dilute a winning formula? Movieworld works as it is, just make your anime discussions in here so that people like myself will have a chance to see if they would be interested in any topics, I would very much doubt if I would be bothered too click into yet another subsection else...

9. Movies & TV   -   #89
    Originally posted by Withcheese@10 May 2004 - 05:58
    TV programs are more highly downloaded than this (anime) and yet do not have there own sub-section.
    Prove it.

10. Movies & TV   -   #90
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Manny Roscoe+10 May 2004 - 09:12--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Manny Roscoe @ 10 May 2004 - 09:12)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Withcheese@10 May 2004 - 05:58
    TV programs are more highly downloaded than this (anime) and yet do not have there own sub-section.
    Prove it. [/b][/quote]
    Common sense dictates this to be true, and my own experience with programs such as Bittorrent back this up. Visit Suprnova now and compare the amount of TV torrents vrs Anime Torrents, also compare the amount of downloads/seeders/leechers there is just simply no contest.

This is again the same at Sharethefiles which is one of the bigger kazaa sites.

There is a huge demand for TV programs from us Europeans, we want to see the ameican shows that are airing at the moment but which take months to arrive on our shores. Simply put the demand for TV downloads dwarfs ANime by a considerable margin.

Another TV torrents site where the numbers are quite considerable:

s.co.uk/]http://www[torrent files are not allowed]s.co.uk/

Point proven.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast