Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Free Lifetime Trip To Oz

JONNO_CELEBS's Avatar Densly Loadan BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    @Big Boo........Dude trying to wind me up by taking the piss is one thing, but doing it in a thread like this where it's a topic in which people I know IRL have been deverstated and their lives turned upside down is edging towards sick.
    As for making opinions off the press, no mate, I watched and listend to real people as well, I know coppers who were involved in the search, my opinion is from a very different POV from yours or the presses, mine is personal, to me these people were not just faces on the tv, they were friends of my friends. Sohem is not far from me at all so trust me, I do have my own opinion and 21 months is no where near enough punishment for what she did.

@JP........Exactly, let her loose, let her be hunted, because that is what will happen, she will be linched. This country is too soft, too weak. Never used to be.

Jonno B)
    Thinking about 1
    My Place & Arcade

2. Lounge   -   #42
    Poster
    Originally posted by *goddess*@7 May 2004 - 01:18
    But how can you say she's no danger on her own?? You can't know that, you don't know what she's like really and even if she had been normal prior to this wouldn't the immense pressure/scrutiny have messed with her head?

There is no guarantee anyone is not a threat to others but you have to admit she's more of a danger than 'most' people.
    the kids at the sschool loved her and got on with her. its more likely that she just got on with the kids than was just plotting. think about it
    A good game is still good if its late, a bad game is bad forever, Shigeru Miyamoto

3. Lounge   -   #43
    Poster
    Originally posted by JONNO_CELEBS@7 May 2004 - 01:21
    @Big Boo........Dude trying to wind me up by taking the piss is one thing, but doing it in a thread like this where it's a topic in which people I know IRL have been deverstated and their lives turned upside down is edging towards sick.
    As for making opinions off the press, no mate, I watched and listend to real people as well, I know coppers who were involved in the search, my opinion is from a very different POV from yours or the presses, mine is personal, to me these people were not just faces on the tv, they were friends of my friends. Sohem is not far from me at all so trust me, I do have my own opinion and 21 months is no where near enough punishment for what she did.

@JP........Exactly, let her loose, let her be hunted, because that is what will happen, she will be linched. This country is too soft, too weak. Never used to be.

Jonno B)
    i cant get my point accross cos you keep using in real life and making it personal. my aunt was murdered. someone i uused o hang out with got done for manslaughter. i know both sides of the story. i dont live in a cacoon. youcant just use IRL to make me too guilty to make my point. im sorry iif i upse you ican shut up if you want. i mademy point, go on get the last word this cant be resolved
    A good game is still good if its late, a bad game is bad forever, Shigeru Miyamoto

4. Lounge   -   #44
    *goddess*'s Avatar Oh bugger BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    I have no idea whether she was plotting or not, wasn't suggesting that but now that you mention it, definately is a possibility.

As I said before there is no way she could have come thru this without being affected mentally, it can't be assumed that she is no threat.

It's not just 90% of the UK that want her gone.... I'm in Australia and am sure I'm not the only one who thinks she should get off what basically amounts to 'scot free'. I don't read Tabloids.... my opinions are based on news reports and documentaries. One documentary featured the parents of the girls, it was heartbreaking and devestating to watch.... I cant begin to imagine how horrific it is for their parents/family/friends to have to live with this for the rest of their lives.

5. Lounge   -   #45
    Poster
    Originally posted by *goddess*@7 May 2004 - 01:28
    I have no idea whether she was plotting or not, wasn't suggesting that but now that you mention it, definately is a possibility.

As I said before there is no way she could have come thru this without being affected mentally, it can't be assumed that she is no threat.

It's not just 90% of the UK that want her gone.... I'm in Australia and am sure I'm not the only one who thinks she should get off what basically amounts to 'scot free'. I don't read Tabloids.... my opinions are based on news reports and documentaries. One documentary featured the parents of the girls, it was heartbreaking and devestating to watch.... I cant begin to imagine how horrific it is for their parents/family/friends to have to live with this for the rest of their lives.
    there you go, heartbreaking documentry. why do you think they did it? its a human interest story. they made a profit off your emotions.

kids get killled all the time but becausethese were on the news 24/7 theyre special, people involved with their death mustn't get tthe chance of a new life others get

6. Lounge   -   #46
    JONNO_CELEBS's Avatar Densly Loadan BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    @Big Boo..........I'm not trying to make you feel guilty or stop you having your view, I'm sorry about your Aunt, thats awful. But what you have to realise is this is not just news, this IS real life. You say the kids loved and trusted her......They did Huntly too.
    I see your point I really do, but I'm sorry you are wrong, I doubt very much if there are many people would agree with you at all. I'm not fighting you here dude don't get me wrong, I'm trying to help you see that this is real stuff, she is a very very bad and sick person. she is dangerous.
    Let me give you an example, Reg Kray died in prison after over 30 years for the muder of a gangster who crippled his wife, he was given 30 years, he served 30 years. She was given 42 months and served 21. Yet Reg never hurt an inovent person, she did, she was involved. If you really want to go into legalities of it I can list you a shit load of reasons and examples that will help you see what we are saying.
    I don't want the last word, this is a calm healthy debate on a very serious and touchy subject No offence or anger is meant by me or intended

Jonno B)

Edit: You said kids get killled all the time but becausethese were on the news 24/7 theyre special, people involved with their death mustn't get tthe chance of a new life others get
    No we're saying none of them should have money spent on them to protect them, they should be named and shamed, this Data Protection crap is the reason Huntly got the job at the school in the first place.
    Thinking about 1
    My Place & Arcade

7. Lounge   -   #47
    Poster
    its ok you didnt kill her.

they say to know someeone is to walk a mile in their shoes (or something along those lines). try imaagining it from her eyes.

and i dont really think you can get a list of lealitys to prove me wrong cos legalitys got her 21 months for good behavior and a new life abroad

and on the edit: it wasnt data protection that got him into thhe schools. it was a slck boss who didnt do their research

8. Lounge   -   #48
    Originally posted by JONNO_CELEBS@7 May 2004 - 01:21

Jonno B)
    yeah i would agree with a more eye-4-an-eye approach but...

...sick or not sick i have to agree with boo, noone entirly made there own mind, nobody here can justify there reasons, and noone has anyway to prove that themselves are any different, i mean how many murderers have you split on?...

its like, before everybody knew what had happened, when it was a 2 girls missing case, would you burn her then? i think its just a bit fashionable to get on the bandwagon

on the discussion of whether or not the tabloid press and propaganda make up your minds, ahem...
    Don't visit http://curlsonfilm.co.uk ever!

9. Lounge   -   #49
    *goddess*'s Avatar Oh bugger BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Originally posted by BigBoo@7 May 2004 - 01:33

there you go, heartbreaking documentry. why do you think they did it? its a human interest story. they made a profit off your emotions.

kids get killled all the time but becausethese were on the news 24/7 theyre special, people involved with their death mustn't get tthe chance of a new life others get
    I don't agree at all, this documentary wasnt' made just for profit and neither were the news reports sensationalism.

And I can see no reason why someone involved with the death of anyone should be allowed a new chance. What chance to those kids and parents etc. have? None? She had choices, they didnt'.

Jonno has brought up a very good example. In fact according to the book I recently read by Reg Kray, he was only finally released because he was dying. 30 years was a ridiculous sentence but he served it.

I think tho, that we probly must agree to disagree. Everyone's entitled to their opinion and I think we've all firmly stated ours.

10. Lounge   -   #50
    Poster
    @ben. thannks. now were gonna geet accused of huting in packs

@godess. face it. it was made to be sensational and like a film in that respect. it was interesting thats why it was made they wouldnt do it if it meant a loss.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast