Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Upgrading Bt

BANNED
    just have to wait and find out

2. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #12
    TRshady
    Gonna be great, us bt lovers going through this dramatic change together. We'll get through this together, then come back and be amazed at how fast it is.

What will our download speed be?

3. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #13
    BANNED
    well when i was on ntl 1mb i got up to 100kbs
    but i dont know about uploading any one know?

4. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #14
    BANNED
    Originally posted by TRshady@4 May 2004 - 18:36
    Done this the online way, got account number from bill and im dont. 11th may my connection upgrades. How will this work though?, we'll suddenly notice a shoot up in speed, or will we have to restart, enable something etc?
    I upgrad'd mine over the phone shady they said the line will drop for 1/2 hr

5. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #15
    Poster
    well since your all BT i take it your in England. Anyone heard of Bulldog. They have great prices.

6. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #16
    TRshady
    Cheers ck, to be honest I dont mind if theres hours downtime on that day, knowing when its back up the speed has doubled, I'll be happy.

One thing though, I never ordered any filters, modems etc .. so will I still be delivered any kind of welcome pack? ... this needs to stay confidential with me only. A big no-no for parents otherwise a big trouble-trouble for me, lol.

7. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #17
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by TRshady@4 May 2004 - 13:36
    Done this the online way, got account number from bill and im dont. 11th may my connection upgrades. How will this work though?, we'll suddenly notice a shoot up in speed, or will we have to restart, enable something etc?
    when I had 1 1.5mbps connection, my dad calle rogers without me knowing and asked for teh cheapre 192k conection, cause he's cheap. one day I was just downloading some stuff then I noticed all my downloads suddenly went way down to like 20kb/s from around 120kb/s so it happens instantly, atleast with cable internet...

8. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #18
    SeK612's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Won't your parents notice you've upgraded once they get increased bills (£35 instead of £25 or whatever the prices)

9. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #19
    TRshady
    That must have annoyed ya ROSSCO, rather you then me I guess. Oh, and your right SeK, but at least then I'll have a chance to come up with an excuse.

10. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #20
    BANNED
    u can only see the bill online and my mum dont know how to see it

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast