Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Download Freezes

Hi Guys,

I'm having some problems with Bittorrent and i was wondering if anyone could help me...

I didn't see anyone talking about this problem so i've just opened up another topic for it.

Basically once i start downloading something using BT it starts the download fine but after about 10-15 minutes the download just stops. There's enough seeds and leeches, but it just stops itself for some reason, it doesn't make any sense, a 2 hour download suddenly takes 2 days because of this as i used to just leave it running but i can't do that now...

I think its mainly with popular stuff like the latest movies....maybe because TOO many people are trying to download it at one time....(?)

Does anybody know how i can fix this? Or shall i just try another BT file?

Hope u guys can help,

Thanks

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Poster BT Rep: +5
    i got the same problem..ive tried uninstall and reinstall ABC..didnt work..tried a new torrent client azureus//torrentstorm//bittornado// .. it still pauses a download after a few minutes after downloading..i think my comp is possessed..

i think i found the answer..mayb this will help

bt freezes and lockups help

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Hi,

I just tried to increase the upload speed (as it said on that website) to 60 but it still froze after half an hour. Then i tried 70, and then 90, but still the same thing! It just freezes after downloading a few percent each time. It's the upload speed that ur supposed to increase right? It's not working, unless i'm doing something wrong....

Anyone know what else i can do?

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    muchspl2
    you need to reduce the amout of people you vonnect to, not increase
    http://www.dessent.net/btfaq/#freeze
    its a problem with windows 98 it can't handel alot of connections, otherwise if you have a newer OS, then you might have a bad NIC driver

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Bowen747x's Avatar Poster
    a problem could b ur ram, if u dont have a lot of memory 4 ur comp, bt will kill it and stop running
    tYiA

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    it might be ur ethernet card get a linksys

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Originally posted by sk8erfox805@23 April 2004 - 08:35
    What's an ethernet card?

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    try disabling ur virus scanner

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    my bt froze cause i had a virus

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Originally posted by mothball+26 April 2004 - 01:13--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (mothball @ 26 April 2004 - 01:13)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-sk8erfox805@23 April 2004 - 08:35
    What&#39;s an ethernet card? [/b][/quote]
    the one where u plug ur internet... open ur comp then replace it with a linksys

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast